This year’s Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, also known as FLIBS, will be the event’s 58th edition and, as always, will take place for five days across seven show locations in what is dubbed as the ‘yachting capital of the world’.
Living up to its reputation as the biggest on-water boat show in the world, FLIBS 2017 is preparing to welcome more than 1,200 boats, ranging from sportfishers, day boats, tenders and inflatables to a spectacular showcase of superyachts.
The show draws an impressively diverse crowd of buyers, sellers and industry professionals looking to do business and discover the latest in the world of boating. And, as well as hosting 100,000 boating enthusiasts, there will be 1,000 plus exhibitors in attendance.
Among the superyachts already confirmed for FLIBS 2017 are an incredible selection available for charter. For example, the largest yacht signed up so far is the 58m/191ft charter yacht UNBRIDLED which will be returning to the event for the third time.
She will be lined-up alongside a fellow build from Trinity Yachts, the 58m/190ft charter yacht SKYFALL. Among the highlights of this 2010 offering is a glittering interior designed by Patrick Knowles, a split-level master suite and a splash pool and spa tub on the sundeck.
Another yacht not to be missed is the 50m/164ft superyacht ‘Victoria del Mar’. Built in 2006 by Delta Marine, she underwent a spectacular refit a few years ago and is in fine form. She even graced the Monaco Yacht Show last week and so will be making her way across the Atlantic for the upcoming boating fixture.
Anticipated to be one of the must-see yachts of the show, however, is the newly launched 50m/164ft charter yacht ‘Silver Lining’ from Christensen’s HV Series. As well as wonderfully-equipped deck areas, she features an opulent interior of high-gloss black walnut and exceptional stonework.
The largest yacht signed up so far is the 58m/191ft charter yacht UNBRIDLED which will be returning to FLIBS for the third time
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.