For four days, sailors from across the globe will be showing off their sailing prowess on board an outstanding fleet of classic yachts as they race for victory around a number of thrilling circuits.
The circuits are chosen each day according to the sailing conditions, but they have been designed to limit proximity between each vessel, making the event fun and safe for older or hard-to-manage yachts.
Racing classes are split into six: vintage, classic, classic GPR, the spirit of the tradition and tall ships.
Among the charter yachts attending, the 62m/203ft superyacht ATHOS is among the largest and most innovative yachts to be launched in recent years. She features cutting-edge engineering and dynamic positioning which are sure to optimise her performance at the upcoming regatta.
For four days, sailors from across the globe will be showing off their sailing prowess on board an outstanding fleet of classic yachts.
Racing alongside her will be seasoned regatta participant EROS, a 31m/103ft sailing yacht launched by Brooks Motor Craft in 1938. Refitted in 2016, she is a fantastic option for yacht charter vacations.
Also on the line-up, those observing the races can expect to spot two deliveries from Ark Yachts: the 55m/179ft gulet CHRONOS and the ketch sail yacht RHEA, which has the same measurements. Both are proven racing platforms, as well as being stellar candidates for luxury yacht charters.
As ever, the event marries friendly camaraderie with past-faced thrills on the water and is completed by signature island hospitality and an idyllic Caribbean setting.
Those who wish to be at the heart of the action in Antigua can participate in a regatta charter, enabling them to experience the joy of sailing and the unbeatable spirit of the races.
Chartering a superyacht and watching from the sidelines is equally popular, and plenty of shoreside social activities promise to enliven proceedings over the course of the event.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.