For four days, sailors from across the globe will be showing off their sailing prowess on board an outstanding fleet of classic yachts as they race for victory around a number of thrilling circuits.
The circuits are chosen each day according to the sailing conditions, but they have been designed to limit proximity between each vessel, making the event fun and safe for older or hard-to-manage yachts.
Racing classes are split into six: vintage, classic, classic GPR, the spirit of the tradition and tall ships.
Among the charter yachts attending, the 62m/203ft superyacht ATHOS is among the largest and most innovative yachts to be launched in recent years. She features cutting-edge engineering and dynamic positioning which are sure to optimise her performance at the upcoming regatta.
For four days, sailors from across the globe will be showing off their sailing prowess on board an outstanding fleet of classic yachts.
Racing alongside her will be seasoned regatta participant EROS, a 31m/103ft sailing yacht launched by Brooks Motor Craft in 1938. Refitted in 2016, she is a fantastic option for yacht charter vacations.
Also on the line-up, those observing the races can expect to spot two deliveries from Ark Yachts: the 55m/179ft gulet CHRONOS and the ketch sail yacht RHEA, which has the same measurements. Both are proven racing platforms, as well as being stellar candidates for luxury yacht charters.
As ever, the event marries friendly camaraderie with past-faced thrills on the water and is completed by signature island hospitality and an idyllic Caribbean setting.
Those who wish to be at the heart of the action in Antigua can participate in a regatta charter, enabling them to experience the joy of sailing and the unbeatable spirit of the races.
Chartering a superyacht and watching from the sidelines is equally popular, and plenty of shoreside social activities promise to enliven proceedings over the course of the event.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed