Anguilla Welcomes First Superyacht Marina
The eastern Caribbean island of Anguilla is finally set to get its first superyacht marina after years of planning.
An extension of Altamer Resort, situated on the island’s south-west coast in Shoal Bay West, the marina will be the first of its kind in Anguilla and is expected to feature some of the best facilities in the Leeward Islands.
Currently, the marina is in its final design stages, so it’s not yet known how many slips will be set aside for yachts. However, it has been confirmed that the marina will be able to accommodate yachts of up to 61 metres and will also serve as an official port of entry.
Altamer resort is a boutique destination property, consisting of three beachside villas and a conference centre, and will be expanded to include duty-free shopping and a restaurant promenade. Guests at the marina will be able to take advantage of these amenities.
Time Equities Inc. (TEI), a New York based real estate development firm are behind the expansion, which will be undertaken in cooperation with Anaconda Ltd/Marine Management and Consulting, and Cross Island Development.
Already ideal cruising grounds with beautiful white sandy beaches and azure waters teaming with marine life, the new developments are expected to further enhance Anguilla’s appeal as a luxury yacht charter destination.
If you are interested in planning a luxury charter vacation to Anguilla, please contact your preferred charter broker.
SUPERYACHTS AVAILABLE TO CHARTER IN THE LEEWARD ISLANDS:
Eclipse Yacht For Charter
163m Blohm + Voss, 2010 / 2015
Athena Yacht For Charter
90m Royal Huisman, 2004 / 2011
Lady Sara Yacht For Charter
57m Trinity Yachts, 2012
Andromeda la Dea Yacht For Charter
47m Perini Navi, 1991 / 2006
Picnic Yacht For Charter
30m Monte Fino, 2010
Lotus Yacht For Charter
16m Lagoon, 2014
- S/Y ALEXA Opens for Charters for Two in IndonesiaThe 31m/102ft sailing yacht ALEXA is a one-cabin phinisi offering romantic adventures for two in the magnificent archip...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- M/Y HARMONYA Now Available For CharterOriginally built by the Benetti Sail Division in 2005 and refit to an incredibly high standard in 2010, the 29m/94ft mo...
- M/Y SERENITY Joins the Global Charter FleetThe 41m/133ft superyacht SERENITY is now available for charter in the Bahamas and Caribbean following her launch from C...
- Feadship M/Y AQUARIUS Opens for CharterFollowing her sensational launch last September, the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship has now become availa...