The eastern Caribbean island of Anguilla is finally set to get its first superyacht marina after years of planning.
An extension of Altamer Resort, situated on the island’s south-west coast in Shoal Bay West, the marina will be the first of its kind in Anguilla and is expected to feature some of the best facilities in the Leeward Islands.
Currently, the marina is in its final design stages, so it’s not yet known how many slips will be set aside for yachts. However, it has been confirmed that the marina will be able to accommodate yachts of up to 61 metres and will also serve as an official port of entry.
Altamer resort is a boutique destination property, consisting of three beachside villas and a conference centre, and will be expanded to include duty-free shopping and a restaurant promenade. Guests at the marina will be able to take advantage of these amenities.
Time Equities Inc. (TEI), a New York based real estate development firm are behind the expansion, which will be undertaken in cooperation with Anaconda Ltd/Marine Management and Consulting, and Cross Island Development.
Already ideal cruising grounds with beautiful white sandy beaches and azure waters teaming with marine life, the new developments are expected to further enhance Anguilla’s appeal as a luxury yacht charter destination.
If you are interested in planning a luxury charter vacation to Anguilla, please contact your preferred charter broker.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.