Three days of spectacular superyacht racing around the beautiful island are scheduled to take place between June 13 and 15, just ahead of the America’s Cup match, which runs from June 17 to 27.
Superyachts as well as J Class yachts will battle it out for the America’s Cup Superyacht Regatta Trophy currently held by Pendennis’ 52m/169ft sailing yacht Adela, who won the event in San Francisco in 2013.
The superyacht regatta will also see an exciting onshore programme, which will ensure Owners, their guests and their crews enjoy being an integral part of one of sport’s most iconic competitions.
Sam Hollis, COO of the America’s Cup Event Authority, said: “The America’s Cup Superyacht Regatta is sure to add to the experience for all in Bermuda next year, ensuring this will be one of the best America’s Cups we’ve seen to date.”
The America’s Cup Superyacht Regatta is sure to add to the experience for all in Bermuda next year, ensuring this will be one of the best America’s Cups we’ve seen to date.
Leatrice Oatley, Commodore of the Royal Bermuda Yacht Club, said: “We are proud to be involved in the first superyacht regatta to come to Bermuda. We understand the tremendous opportunity the America’s Cup is bringing to the island and are thrilled to be adding this event to our legacy of promoting the sport in Bermuda.”
The America’s Cup Superyacht Regatta runs alongside the America’s Cup Superyacht Program, which offers premium berthing locations in Hamilton and in the heart of the America’s Cup Village at the Royal Naval Dockyard.
Superyachts berthed in the America’s Cup Superyacht Program will receive VIP viewing flags, providing front row access to the race course. Owners and their guests will enjoy exclusive privileges and experiences, and will be at the heart of the racing action.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.