This time of year is normally all about the yacht shows in the Western Mediterranean, Greece, Turkey, and New England, due to the fact that their summer charter seasons are now well under way. However another not so cliche summer charter destination is a world away, literally.
The other side of the world from the typical summer charter destinations stands Alaska. This fantastic summer luxury yacht charter destination never seems to get much coverage purely because there are no major yacht shows there.
Not much seems to change in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska. From Seattle to Alaska and the Inside Passage, each year the same charter yachts visit this fabulous charter destination.
Charter yachts that are available this summer in Alaska include Reflections. This Broward yacht for charter is a 30 metre motor yacht that was built in 1982, and has only just had a refit. The current owner has had Reflections for the last 10 years and has been aboard her from May through to August nearly nonstop on both private and corporate trips in Alaska. He has spent $1.25 million having her refitted over the past few years and she is completely set up for chartering in Alaska including a 30 ft sport boat. The addition of the sport boat is an exceptional bonus as normally you would have to pay extra to hire something similar on other charter yachts in this area.
Captain Clinton Scott runs things on board Reflections and he himself was born and raised in Alaska. Captain Scott along with his five professional crew are there to ensure you experience the best Alaskan yacht charter money can buy. Reflections is available for charter at an inclusive weekly rate of $54,000 for six guests in three stateroom - a fantastic deal!
One of the best charter yachts available in Alaska is Pacific Yellowfin. This 34.7 metre Billings motor yacht is currently experiencing her busiest charter season yet and has refined her Desolation Sound itinerary to create a wonderful journey through the fjords. This charter yacht offers a great package too, providing motorbikes, a new 24 ft sport boat and two tenders.
The trend to include major tenders as part of the larger charter yacht scene is now becoming more popular in Alaska. Already typical in the Bahamas and the Mediterranean, more and more charter yachts in Alaska are starting to follow this trend. The 22 metre charter yacht Viaggio now features a 29 ft sport boat which is also included in the charter rate. Already a fantastic value charter yacht, this addition takes her to a whole new level.
September is a glorious time to charter in Alaska. The weather can become variable towards the end of the month but the beginning is a fabulous time to visit. Having said that, if you don't mind taking a risk with the weater, there are a number of advantages to visiting later in the month, such as the children are all back at school and the touring boats will no longer be around.
Although it is now the end of June there is still some charter availability for some weeks this summer but, as the charter season in Alaska is short, most of the long-term charter yachts have no more availablity. If you are interested in a summer charter in Alaska, now is the time to start planning for next summer.
September is a glorious time to charter in Alaska. The weather can get a bit variable towards the end of the month but the beginning of the month is a fabulous time to visit.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...