Launched in 1973, Plan B was originally used as a research vessel by the Australian Navy and was charged with mapping the Great Barrier Reef. Following an extensive transformation in 2011, she is now a luxurious charter yacht capable of worldwide exploration in impeccable style.
She has already circumnavigated the globe three times, but now charterers can join her this Easter in the remote waters of Easter Island. Also going by the name of Rapa Nui, the tiny speck of land located over 3,700 kilometres off the Chilean coast is one of the most isolated places on the planet.
The whole island makes up a UNESCO Heritage Site due to the hundreds of ancient ‘moai’ monuments, which overlook the ruins of the settlements that constructed them. The mystery of the moai, as well as the island’s natural beauty, captivate all who adventure to this far-flung gem.
There are also many activities perfectly suited to those on a yacht charter in the region. A vibrant marine life makes the waters perfect for snorkelling and scuba diving, conditions are perfect for surfing and idyllic stretches of white sand offer endless hours of relaxation.
Take in the island’s magnificent sights from the luxe deck areas aboard charter yacht Plan B. Sip champagne while unwinding in the Jacuzzi, get together with loved ones in one of the many seating areas, recline on sunpads and enjoy delicious alfresco dining.
The Polynesian-theme of the exterior furniture reappears in accent pieces throughout the urban-style interior. A series of large sliding doors eliminates any boundaries between the aft exterior and upper salon inside, and an earthy colour scheme creates a rich, sensuous feel throughout.
After a busy day of exploration, guests can retreat into one of five staterooms, where the beautiful styling from Mark Zeff Design continues. In total, 12 guests can be accommodated in a large master suite, two convertible double cabins and two twin cabins with Pullman berths.
Other highlights of the expedition yacht include an outdoor cinema setup on the main deck aft, a gymnasium on the top deck, a massage room and on-board therapist, a helipad and a plethora of water toys, including jet skis, kayaks, towable toys, sea-scooters and diving equipment.
Plan B has already circumnavigated the globe three times, but now charterers can join her in the remote waters of Easter Island
M/Y Plan B is currently based in South and Central America. For more details, speak to your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all luxury yachts available for charter in South America.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...