Launched in 1973, Plan B was originally used as a research vessel by the Australian Navy and was charged with mapping the Great Barrier Reef. Following an extensive transformation in 2011, she is now a luxurious charter yacht capable of worldwide exploration in impeccable style.
She has already circumnavigated the globe three times, but now charterers can join her this Easter in the remote waters of Easter Island. Also going by the name of Rapa Nui, the tiny speck of land located over 3,700 kilometres off the Chilean coast is one of the most isolated places on the planet.
The whole island makes up a UNESCO Heritage Site due to the hundreds of ancient ‘moai’ monuments, which overlook the ruins of the settlements that constructed them. The mystery of the moai, as well as the island’s natural beauty, captivate all who adventure to this far-flung gem.
There are also many activities perfectly suited to those on a yacht charter in the region. A vibrant marine life makes the waters perfect for snorkelling and scuba diving, conditions are perfect for surfing and idyllic stretches of white sand offer endless hours of relaxation.
Take in the island’s magnificent sights from the luxe deck areas aboard charter yacht Plan B. Sip champagne while unwinding in the Jacuzzi, get together with loved ones in one of the many seating areas, recline on sunpads and enjoy delicious alfresco dining.
The Polynesian-theme of the exterior furniture reappears in accent pieces throughout the urban-style interior. A series of large sliding doors eliminates any boundaries between the aft exterior and upper salon inside, and an earthy colour scheme creates a rich, sensuous feel throughout.
After a busy day of exploration, guests can retreat into one of five staterooms, where the beautiful styling from Mark Zeff Design continues. In total, 12 guests can be accommodated in a large master suite, two convertible double cabins and two twin cabins with Pullman berths.
Other highlights of the expedition yacht include an outdoor cinema setup on the main deck aft, a gymnasium on the top deck, a massage room and on-board therapist, a helipad and a plethora of water toys, including jet skis, kayaks, towable toys, sea-scooters and diving equipment.
Plan B has already circumnavigated the globe three times, but now charterers can join her in the remote waters of Easter Island
M/Y Plan B is currently based in South and Central America. For more details, speak to your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all luxury yachts available for charter in South America.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed