Launched in 1973, Plan B was originally used as a research vessel by the Australian Navy and was charged with mapping the Great Barrier Reef. Following an extensive transformation in 2011, she is now a luxurious charter yacht capable of worldwide exploration in impeccable style.
She has already circumnavigated the globe three times, but now charterers can join her this Easter in the remote waters of Easter Island. Also going by the name of Rapa Nui, the tiny speck of land located over 3,700 kilometres off the Chilean coast is one of the most isolated places on the planet.
The whole island makes up a UNESCO Heritage Site due to the hundreds of ancient ‘moai’ monuments, which overlook the ruins of the settlements that constructed them. The mystery of the moai, as well as the island’s natural beauty, captivate all who adventure to this far-flung gem.
There are also many activities perfectly suited to those on a yacht charter in the region. A vibrant marine life makes the waters perfect for snorkelling and scuba diving, conditions are perfect for surfing and idyllic stretches of white sand offer endless hours of relaxation.
Take in the island’s magnificent sights from the luxe deck areas aboard charter yacht Plan B. Sip champagne while unwinding in the Jacuzzi, get together with loved ones in one of the many seating areas, recline on sunpads and enjoy delicious alfresco dining.
The Polynesian-theme of the exterior furniture reappears in accent pieces throughout the urban-style interior. A series of large sliding doors eliminates any boundaries between the aft exterior and upper salon inside, and an earthy colour scheme creates a rich, sensuous feel throughout.
After a busy day of exploration, guests can retreat into one of five staterooms, where the beautiful styling from Mark Zeff Design continues. In total, 12 guests can be accommodated in a large master suite, two convertible double cabins and two twin cabins with Pullman berths.
Other highlights of the expedition yacht include an outdoor cinema setup on the main deck aft, a gymnasium on the top deck, a massage room and on-board therapist, a helipad and a plethora of water toys, including jet skis, kayaks, towable toys, sea-scooters and diving equipment.
Plan B has already circumnavigated the globe three times, but now charterers can join her in the remote waters of Easter Island
M/Y Plan B is currently based in South and Central America. For more details, speak to your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all luxury yachts available for charter in South America.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.