A Sneak Preview Of Charter Yacht AQUILA’s Pendennis Refit
Believed to be the largest superyacht ever refitted in England, AQUILA has unsurprisingly generated quite the excitement during her year in the shipyard.
Indeed, as we reported in an earlier article, the interior nature of her refit meant that, until recently, it was all but impossible to guess at the changes being carried out.
Bringing the mystery to an end this week, Pendennis released a series of images and notes to explain the various enhancements to be found throughout the motor yacht.
No stranger to such ambitious refits, the team at the shipyard have previously carried out similar projects on the 50m/164ft motor yacht MALAHNE, the 48m/159ft motor yacht AUDACIA, and, more recently, the 46m/152ft motor yacht CONSTANCE.
Whilst such a remarkable portfolio sets up some seriously high expectations, the images below would suggest that Pendennis have once again set a new gold standard for themselves.
Refit to the exacting standards of the Pendennis shipyard, charter yacht AQUILA has clearly grown in stature
After stripping all of the communal, private, and technical spaces on board luxury yacht AQUILA, the team behind the refit effectively built the interior from the ground up once again.
Enlisting the expertise of Redman Whiteley Dixon and Susan Young Interiors, the refreshed indoor spaces combine an array of dark woods with pale leather paneling to form an aesthetic which is both effortlessly cool and warmly inviting.
As well as installing a generously proportioned home cinema on the main deck, the owner’s area was reconfigured to include an impressive marble corridor. From here, guests using this suite have access to the brand new massage salon and office space.
The crowning achievement of the refit, however, is the bespoke chandelier which cascades down each of the four decks. At over 11m high, and comprised of 850 glass pieces, the unique fixture is sure to arrest the attention of all who step on board.
Moving to the exterior, it’s clear that an equal amount of attention has been paid to the layout and features of the sundeck.
Her Jacuzzi, for example, has been repositioned from the aft deck to the foredeck to create room for a private terrace attached to the master cabin.
What’s more, her superstructure has been completely repainted to ensure that she cuts a distinctive profile in the water.
With all of these changes in mind, there’s sure to be more than a few discerning individuals eyeing up AQUILA for a private yacht charter.
More Yacht Information
Aquila Yacht For Charter
86m Derecktor Shipyards, 2010 / 2016
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y PIONEER Offers Two Free Days of CharterOffering guests 9 days charter for the price of 7, the 46m/151ft expedition yacht PIONEER is perfect for exploring the ...
- M/Y ELYSIAN Open For Charter In The CaribbeanFollowing her appearance at the Antigua Charter Yacht Show in December, the 60m/197ft motor yacht ELYSIAN is now availa...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- Greece Maintains Status as a Superyacht Hotspot With a new year now underway, it’s possible to see how Greece continued to maintain its position as one of the prime ya...
- M/Y AXIOMA Drops Rate By €255,000 For WinterOffering a considerable reduction on select dates this spring and autumn, the 72m/236ft motor yacht AXIOMA presents a d...