Believed to be the largest superyacht ever refitted in England, AQUILA has unsurprisingly generated quite the excitement during her year in the shipyard.
Indeed, as we reported in an earlier article, the interior nature of her refit meant that, until recently, it was all but impossible to guess at the changes being carried out.
Bringing the mystery to an end this week, Pendennis released a series of images and notes to explain the various enhancements to be found throughout the motor yacht.
No stranger to such ambitious refits, the team at the shipyard have previously carried out similar projects on the 50m/164ft motor yacht MALAHNE, the 48m/159ft motor yacht AUDACIA, and, more recently, the 46m/152ft motor yacht CONSTANCE.
Whilst such a remarkable portfolio sets up some seriously high expectations, the images below would suggest that Pendennis have once again set a new gold standard for themselves.
Refit to the exacting standards of the Pendennis shipyard, charter yacht AQUILA has clearly grown in stature
After stripping all of the communal, private, and technical spaces on board luxury yacht AQUILA, the team behind the refit effectively built the interior from the ground up once again.
Enlisting the expertise of Redman Whiteley Dixon and Susan Young Interiors, the refreshed indoor spaces combine an array of dark woods with pale leather paneling to form an aesthetic which is both effortlessly cool and warmly inviting.
As well as installing a generously proportioned home cinema on the main deck, the owner’s area was reconfigured to include an impressive marble corridor. From here, guests using this suite have access to the brand new massage salon and office space.
The crowning achievement of the refit, however, is the bespoke chandelier which cascades down each of the four decks. At over 11m high, and comprised of 850 glass pieces, the unique fixture is sure to arrest the attention of all who step on board.
Moving to the exterior, it’s clear that an equal amount of attention has been paid to the layout and features of the sundeck.
Her Jacuzzi, for example, has been repositioned from the aft deck to the foredeck to create room for a private terrace attached to the master cabin.
What’s more, her superstructure has been completely repainted to ensure that she cuts a distinctive profile in the water.
With all of these changes in mind, there’s sure to be more than a few discerning individuals eyeing up AQUILA for a private yacht charter.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Blue Planet TV series superyacht ALUCIA now available to charterCausing a sensation when she appeared on the second season of the hit BBC series Blue Planet in winter, the 56m/183ft e...
- Inside Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 M/Y ‘Talisman Maiton’Premiering on Bravo TV on 15th May, Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 will see Captain Sandy Yawn and a cast of familia...