Named the ‘Best Sailing Yacht Over 40m’ at the Showboats Awards in 2004, and the ‘Best Sailing Yacht Over 36m’ at the International Superyacht Society Awards in 2005, the importance of ATHENA cannot be overstated.
By no means showing her age, ATHENA was shortlisted once again in 2012 in the category for ‘Best Refit’ at the World Superyacht Awards 2012, a fact which nicely reflects the quality of her transformation.
Having made her Monaco debut at the Monaco Yacht Show 2014, there’s no question that ATHENA will make a similarly remarkable impression at this year’s edition.
Classically styled, and with a range of desirable amenities, sailing yacht ATHENA offers a truly unrivalled charter experience
Complete with a towering crow’s nest for charterers to enjoy uninterrupted panoramic views, the exterior of ATHENA is truly one of a kind- to get a better idea of the range possible from this feature, watch our full video of the crow's nest.
Attentive to the experience of sailing, wide netting on the bowsprit allows guests to observe a variety of marine life whilst getting from one destination to the other.
Similarly, the large sunbed covered by an awning on the foredeck provides an additional communal space for entire parties to comfortably gather together and enjoy some drinks.
Obviously, the 2,500sqm of sail power available means that all of these features can be enjoyed along with only the most outstanding of performance capabilities.
A quintessential mahogany interior, the communal and guest spaces inside sailing yacht ATHENA offer the best of the old and new worlds.
Specifically, the modern entertainment systems found in the main salon are nicely balanced out with the generously sized and expertly stocked library.
As a more formal alternative to the alfresco dining options out on the sundeck, the interior dining is finished with champagne tones and opulent furnishings which manage to be both stylish and comfortable.
As well as a full-beam master cabin, ATHENA accommodates up to ten guests across three doubles and a single twin.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.