Following rigorous sea trials, Abeking & Rasmussen has delivered their fifth-largest motor yacht EXCELLENCE to an experienced owner.
She left the yard’s facilities in northern Germany earlier this week, and has since been spotted in Gibraltar as she makes her way into the Mediterranean.
She is due to make her worldwide debut at the 2019 Monaco Yacht Show between 25 - 28 September.
The yacht’s striking exterior styling comes from Winch Design. With an angular bow and curvaceous lines, she has been described by the studio as ‘iconic and futuristic’ with a profile ‘comparable to a spaceship’.
Details about the yacht’s interiors are sparse, but her layout has previously been described as ‘industry-disrupting.
She will have curved mirrored panels in the owner’s deck and an excess of glazing in her social areas to allow in plenty of natural light.
Never before have glass panels been installed in these dimensions. The unusual lines also repeatedly presented employees with major challenges.
She is also expected to have a swimming pool, deck jacuzzi, large beach club and a pair of limousine tenders.
“We are very proud of this extraordinary yacht and our exceptional workforce, who mastered all requirements bravely.” Said Hans Schaedla, CEO of Abeking & Rasmussen, during the launch.
“Never before have glass panels been installed in these dimensions. The unusual lines also repeatedly presented employees with major challenges.”
View this post on Instagram
Nice photo by @nickycanepa of the brand new yacht Excellence in Gibraltar. . . The yacht was built by @abekingyachts to a design of @winchdesign_wd . . . Her owner is US car dealer Herb Chambers. . . The Herb Chambers Companies is a group of 60 car dealerships. Selling more than 55,000 cars per year including used cars. . . More here: https://www.superyachtfan.com/herb-chambers.html . . #linkinbio #followme @superyachtfan #superyachtfan #superyacht #abekingrasmussen #excellence #excellenceyacht #herbchambers #cardealer #cardealership #yachtspotting #yachtphotography #yachtowner #billionaire #billionairetoys #rich #wealth #yachtdesign #design #boating #boatinglife #luxury #luxurylifestyle #gibraltar
EXCELLENCE follows in the footsteps of a string of custom projects from Abeking & Rasmussen which carry a variation of the same name.
The latest superyacht, known as Project 6505 during her build, hit the water in May in a low-key launch ceremony.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.