Following rigorous sea trials, Abeking & Rasmussen has delivered their fifth-largest motor yacht EXCELLENCE to an experienced owner.
She left the yard’s facilities in northern Germany earlier this week, and has since been spotted in Gibraltar as she makes her way into the Mediterranean.
She is due to make her worldwide debut at the 2019 Monaco Yacht Show between 25 - 28 September.
The yacht’s striking exterior styling comes from Winch Design. With an angular bow and curvaceous lines, she has been described by the studio as ‘iconic and futuristic’ with a profile ‘comparable to a spaceship’.
Details about the yacht’s interiors are sparse, but her layout has previously been described as ‘industry-disrupting.
She will have curved mirrored panels in the owner’s deck and an excess of glazing in her social areas to allow in plenty of natural light.
Never before have glass panels been installed in these dimensions. The unusual lines also repeatedly presented employees with major challenges.
She is also expected to have a swimming pool, deck jacuzzi, large beach club and a pair of limousine tenders.
“We are very proud of this extraordinary yacht and our exceptional workforce, who mastered all requirements bravely.” Said Hans Schaedla, CEO of Abeking & Rasmussen, during the launch.
“Never before have glass panels been installed in these dimensions. The unusual lines also repeatedly presented employees with major challenges.”
View this post on Instagram
Nice photo by @nickycanepa of the brand new yacht Excellence in Gibraltar. . . The yacht was built by @abekingyachts to a design of @winchdesign_wd . . . Her owner is US car dealer Herb Chambers. . . The Herb Chambers Companies is a group of 60 car dealerships. Selling more than 55,000 cars per year including used cars. . . More here: https://www.superyachtfan.com/herb-chambers.html . . #linkinbio #followme @superyachtfan #superyachtfan #superyacht #abekingrasmussen #excellence #excellenceyacht #herbchambers #cardealer #cardealership #yachtspotting #yachtphotography #yachtowner #billionaire #billionairetoys #rich #wealth #yachtdesign #design #boating #boatinglife #luxury #luxurylifestyle #gibraltar
EXCELLENCE follows in the footsteps of a string of custom projects from Abeking & Rasmussen which carry a variation of the same name.
The latest superyacht, known as Project 6505 during her build, hit the water in May in a low-key launch ceremony.
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.