Following rigorous sea trials, Abeking & Rasmussen has delivered their fifth-largest motor yacht EXCELLENCE to an experienced owner.
She left the yard’s facilities in northern Germany earlier this week, and has since been spotted in Gibraltar as she makes her way into the Mediterranean.
She is due to make her worldwide debut at the 2019 Monaco Yacht Show between 25 - 28 September.
The yacht’s striking exterior styling comes from Winch Design. With an angular bow and curvaceous lines, she has been described by the studio as ‘iconic and futuristic’ with a profile ‘comparable to a spaceship’.
Details about the yacht’s interiors are sparse, but her layout has previously been described as ‘industry-disrupting.
She will have curved mirrored panels in the owner’s deck and an excess of glazing in her social areas to allow in plenty of natural light.
Never before have glass panels been installed in these dimensions. The unusual lines also repeatedly presented employees with major challenges.
She is also expected to have a swimming pool, deck jacuzzi, large beach club and a pair of limousine tenders.
“We are very proud of this extraordinary yacht and our exceptional workforce, who mastered all requirements bravely.” Said Hans Schaedla, CEO of Abeking & Rasmussen, during the launch.
“Never before have glass panels been installed in these dimensions. The unusual lines also repeatedly presented employees with major challenges.”
View this post on Instagram
Nice photo by @nickycanepa of the brand new yacht Excellence in Gibraltar. . . The yacht was built by @abekingyachts to a design of @winchdesign_wd . . . Her owner is US car dealer Herb Chambers. . . The Herb Chambers Companies is a group of 60 car dealerships. Selling more than 55,000 cars per year including used cars. . . More here: https://www.superyachtfan.com/herb-chambers.html . . #linkinbio #followme @superyachtfan #superyachtfan #superyacht #abekingrasmussen #excellence #excellenceyacht #herbchambers #cardealer #cardealership #yachtspotting #yachtphotography #yachtowner #billionaire #billionairetoys #rich #wealth #yachtdesign #design #boating #boatinglife #luxury #luxurylifestyle #gibraltar
EXCELLENCE follows in the footsteps of a string of custom projects from Abeking & Rasmussen which carry a variation of the same name.
The latest superyacht, known as Project 6505 during her build, hit the water in May in a low-key launch ceremony.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed