After over a year of extensive outfitting and interior work, La Datcha hit the water at the Damen's facilities in Vlissingen over the weekend.
On course for delivery in September, the 2,560 GT superyacht is expected to become the first Damen SeaXplorer to be delivered, marking an exciting milestone for the Dutch yard.
Before she sets course on her first charter season, La Datcha will on display during a three-day private event at Damen's facilities, giving the world their first glimpse at this groundbreaking combination of luxury superyacht and state-of-the-art explorer vessel.
Damen has described their SeaXplorer range as; “a true expedition platform designed to take you anywhere in the world in complete safety, comfort and style."
La Datcha certainly lives up to his claim, as she boasts an ice-class hull and offers complete autonomy for up to 40 days at sea. Her range of cutting-edge features means she is equally well-suited to diving experiences in the Indian Ocean as she is to cruising the icy waters of Antarctica.
The motor yacht was commissioned for an experienced Owner who had the charter market in mind from the outset.
As a result, the yacht has been designed to be used a surfing, diving and heliskiing platform. She is home to two helicopters, a hangar, dive centre and twin tender garages.
These yachts are the ultimate crossover of high-volume luxury accommodation with a true expedition platform designed to take you anywhere in the world in complete safety, comfort and style.
La Datcha offers accommodation for up to 12 guests in six cabins, which includes an impressive Owner's suite complete with an observation lounge and private deck area.
On a private yacht vacation, guests can enjoy the yacht's incredible range of water accessories which includes snowmobiles, Jet Skis and a mini-submarine.
La Datcha joins two other SeaXplorer superyachts currently under construction at Damen; a SeaXplorer 55 and a SeaXplorer 62.
The yacht's bare hull had its technical launch at Damen's facilities in Romania, and it made the journey down to the Netherlands to begin outfitting last year.
La Datcha is expected to be available for charter from €740,000 p/week (plus expenses) and she will be available in the Indian Ocean this winter. In order to be among the first to charter her, please reach out to your preferred yacht charter broker.
Photo credit: Tom van Oossanen
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed