71m Converted Superyacht ENIGMA XK for Charter
After undergoing and extensive re-build project in France, the 71.4m/234’ 1987-built ENIGMA XK was re-launched late last year as a stunning luxury superyacht and has now been made available on the global charter fleet.
In her former life as M/V ‘Norna’, ENIGMA XK served as a Scottish Fisheries Protection Agency (SFPA) vessel, patrolling the North Atlantic waters for illegal fishing boats. She now represents a conversion of the highest standards, something which has been recognised with her 2014 nomination in the World Superyacht Awards ‘Best Refitted/Rebuilt’ category.
The shipyard chosen to complete her transformation was the France-based Atlantic Refit Centre who worked alongside McFarlane Ship Design on the naval architecture. The highly acclaimed Philippe Briand, also responsible for the design of explorer yacht EXUMA, re-designed ENIGMA XK’s striking exterior his team at Vitrivius styled the interior.
Her luxurious interior has been re-designed into a seamless flow of chic, contemporary living areas finished with glossy white surfaces which contrast strikingly with the richness of the dark African woods and accents of red, orange and green design features. The main aim of the structural modifications on board was to allow more light into the interior, which was achieved by enlarging the portholes, adding in skylights and creating an upper deck main salon with spectacular 360-degree panoramic windows.
Also located on the upper deck is the new master suite, a large, luxurious room with a huge sub-divided skylight above the bed and panoramic windows as well as a fully-equipped en suite with a bath, his and her sinks, a hammam and an open shower. A further five generous VIP staterooms can be found on the main deck along with the formal dining area and gym and wellness centre.
Her outdoor areas include ample space for sunbathing and shaded al fresco dining in addition to a Jacuzzi surrounded flanked by large sunpads and a full-certified helipad.
ENIGMA XK is the ultimate explorer charter vessel and amongst the top five largest expedition charter yachts, fully-equipped for adventure on water and on land. Many of her original design features have served her well after her refit, such as her exceptional power and performance which sees her reach speeds of 18 knots in all weather conditions. Her full tank capacity is of 220 cubic metres, providing her with an impressive range of 19,000 kilometres at cruising speed.
An armada of toys and tenders can also be enjoyed by guests, including a sleek 9m Limo tender and a 7.5m sport tender, both of which seat 8 passengers in comfort in addition to two V8 engine Wrangler Unlimited Jeeps.
More Yacht Information
Enigma XK Yacht For Charter
71m Richards Shipbuilders, 1987 / 2013
- S/Y ALEXA Opens for Charters for Two in IndonesiaThe 31m/102ft sailing yacht ALEXA is a one-cabin phinisi offering romantic adventures for two in the magnificent archip...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- M/Y HARMONYA Now Available For CharterOriginally built by the Benetti Sail Division in 2005 and refit to an incredibly high standard in 2010, the 29m/94ft mo...
- M/Y SERENITY Joins the Global Charter FleetThe 41m/133ft superyacht SERENITY is now available for charter in the Bahamas and Caribbean following her launch from C...
- Feadship M/Y AQUARIUS Opens for CharterFollowing her sensational launch last September, the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship has now become availa...