The 68m/224' motor yacht SOARING was handed over to her Owners today as part of a small ceremony at the yard's facilities in Lemwerder.
Following rigorous sea trials starting in mid-February, Abeking & Rasmussen has delivered superyacht SOARING to her Owner.
It comes after the 1420 GT superyacht was officially launched on January 18.
The delivery took place in the presence of her Captain, crew, Project Managers and the Owner's Management Team. Plans for a big celebration and delivery ceremony were scrapped in light of the ongoing COVID-19 situation.
The yacht is available for private yacht charters this summer across the Mediterranean and is expected to highly in-demand later in the season thanks to a stand-out range of features which include a water-level gym and on-board spa with steam room.
She can accommodate up to 12 guests in six cabins, which includes an oversized Owner's suite with private library.
She is crowned by a large sundeck with a jacuzzi and offers alfresco dining with an innovative glass wind deflector. Her interiors have a refined Art Deco theme with plenty of clean tones and contemporary twists.
The yacht turned out modern and timeless at the same time.
The four-deck superyacht sports exterior and interior design from Focus Yacht Design. The German studio has commented that working on both elements of the yacht's design has allowed them to adopt a holistic and fluid approach.
Thomas Mühe, Managing Director of Focus Yacht Design has previously stated; “We are very excited to see how great our concepts for interior and exterior design are coming into being.
"The shipyard works like clockwork and the opportunity to work on both design spheres allows an integrated and holistic approach. As a result, the yacht turned out modern and timeless at the same time.”
YachtCharterFleet had the pleasure of chatting to Christian Schäfer of Focus Yacht Design to hear more about the yacht's design, and we will be publishing our interview soon. In the meantime, you can take a closer look inside superyacht SOARING.
The scheduled delivery date of “SOARING” has never been at risk to be delayed.
In spite of the ongoing Coronavirus outbreak, Till von Krause, Sales Director at Abeking, has said that the scheduled delivery date of SOARING was never at risk or delayed.
Speaking about sub-suppliers, he has said; "“With many of these partners we do already work together for many years or even decades. We do trust each other very much. Many individual work flows are well- known by everyone involved. This has made it extremely easy to implement all these inevitable protective measures."
The yard has championed flexibility and says it has adopted new and alternative methods where possible to ensure a smooth-running operation and safe working environment for all employees.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed