On track for delivery in the first quarter of 2021, Heesen's 55m (180.5ft) Project Pollux is now named luxury yacht MOSKITO.
Sold under construction in October 2020, Project Pollux (formerly known as YN 19255) is now named MOSKITO according to her AIS data.
The motor yacht was launched in September at the yard's Oss facilities and is currently undergoing intensive sea trials in the North Sea.
She is part of the Dutch yard's successful, newly restyled 55m Steel range. The models in this range are exceptionally fuel-efficient thanks to a Van Oossanen-designed Fast Displacement Hull Form.
Banneberg & Rowell was given free reign over the interior styling of the superyacht, and the result is a calming, soothing and sophisticated ambience.
As well as increased full-efficiency, MOSKITO also has a unique interior design from the drawing boards of the esteemd Bannenberg & Rowell. This yacht marks the tenth collaboration between the British design studio and the Dutch yard, and Banneberg & Rowell was given free reign over the interior styling of the superyacht.
The result is a calming ambience throughout, which is achieved thanks to eucalyptus wood, Thassos marble and an abundance of natural light. Accommodation is provided for 12 guests in six cabins, which includes an Owner's suite which encompasses 86 square metres.
The models in this range are exceptionally fuel-efficient thanks to a Van Oossanen-designed Fast Displacement Hull Form.
Other on-board highlights include a large skylounge, chic main salon and a sundeck with a jacuzzi, sleek bar and casual dining area.
The yacht's exteriors have been penned by Frank Laupman of Omega Architects, and the finish is signature sporty Heesen style with a masculine touch. At a cruising speed of 13 knots, the luxury yacht will have a transatlantic range of 4,500 nautical miles.
It is not yet known whether M/Y MOSKITO will become available for crewed luxury yacht charters.
To see similar yachts available to rent, you can check out all Heesen charter yachts.
If you're interested in booking a yachting vacation for the coming weeks, you can take a look at the full fleet of available charter yachts in the Caribbean.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed