The 2017 MYBA Charter Show, taking place at the OneOcean Club Barcelona from 24th to 27th April, has received an extremely positive response, with registrations flooding in from superyachts, brokers and exhibitors.
After registration for the MYBA Charter Show opened on Monday, organisers have confirmed 40 plus charter yachts have already signed up for the roughly 65 berths available and more than 70 exhibitor requests have been submitted for the 80 to 90 stands on offer.
Brokers are registering early too and MYBA are being inundated with sponsorship inquiries, with the main sponsor confirmed as BWA Yachting – an international marine and yachting agency.
The high volume of interest has been put down to the new location, which sees the show move from its established base in Genoa on the Italian Riviera to the recently transformed OneOcean Club in Barcelona, Spain.
Jacqui Lockhart, chair of the MYBA charter show, said: “The new venue seems to have given all sectors of the industry a new lease of life. Since Monday, inquiries and registrations have been flooding in and it’s because people feel that Barcelona is a great place to connect with yachts and brokers.”
In addition to the change of venue, the organisers are aiming to raise the quality of the chef competition and add a cocktail contest. The main programme and agenda, however, will remain similar to previous years.
Lockhart continues: “With the different layout of OneOcean and the fantastic amenities that it has to offer, it is going to raise the level of the whole show. It is an important event for the charter sector and MYBA wants to make it a success.”
Relocating the show to Spain coincides with the growing popularity of Barcelona as a port city and of the Balearics as an up-and-coming charter destination. Restrictions for charter permits has been lessened in recent years and Ibiza has been establishing itself as an alternative hotspot for elite travellers.
The show also ties in with the 2017 Palma Superyacht Show, which runs from 28th April to 2nd May in the Mallorcan capital. Preparing for its fifth year, the show is rapidly establishing itself as a must-see event and together with the MYBA Charter Show presents a week’s worth of networking for the charter industry.
Relocating the show to Spain coincides with the growing popularity of Barcelona as a port city and of the Balearics as a charter destination
The MYBA Charter Show is an industry-only event. If you would like more details on any of the attending yachts, please contact your preferred charter broker, who will be able to make a viewing on your behalf.
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- First look inside brand new 85m M/Y O’PTASIABrand new and available to charter in Greece, the 85m/279ft motor yacht O’PTASIA has released some fresh images of the ...