The 2017 MYBA Charter Show, taking place at the OneOcean Club Barcelona from 24th to 27th April, has received an extremely positive response, with registrations flooding in from superyachts, brokers and exhibitors.
After registration for the MYBA Charter Show opened on Monday, organisers have confirmed 40 plus charter yachts have already signed up for the roughly 65 berths available and more than 70 exhibitor requests have been submitted for the 80 to 90 stands on offer.
Brokers are registering early too and MYBA are being inundated with sponsorship inquiries, with the main sponsor confirmed as BWA Yachting – an international marine and yachting agency.
The high volume of interest has been put down to the new location, which sees the show move from its established base in Genoa on the Italian Riviera to the recently transformed OneOcean Club in Barcelona, Spain.
Jacqui Lockhart, chair of the MYBA charter show, said: “The new venue seems to have given all sectors of the industry a new lease of life. Since Monday, inquiries and registrations have been flooding in and it’s because people feel that Barcelona is a great place to connect with yachts and brokers.”
In addition to the change of venue, the organisers are aiming to raise the quality of the chef competition and add a cocktail contest. The main programme and agenda, however, will remain similar to previous years.
Lockhart continues: “With the different layout of OneOcean and the fantastic amenities that it has to offer, it is going to raise the level of the whole show. It is an important event for the charter sector and MYBA wants to make it a success.”
Relocating the show to Spain coincides with the growing popularity of Barcelona as a port city and of the Balearics as an up-and-coming charter destination. Restrictions for charter permits has been lessened in recent years and Ibiza has been establishing itself as an alternative hotspot for elite travellers.
The show also ties in with the 2017 Palma Superyacht Show, which runs from 28th April to 2nd May in the Mallorcan capital. Preparing for its fifth year, the show is rapidly establishing itself as a must-see event and together with the MYBA Charter Show presents a week’s worth of networking for the charter industry.
Relocating the show to Spain coincides with the growing popularity of Barcelona as a port city and of the Balearics as a charter destination
The MYBA Charter Show is an industry-only event. If you would like more details on any of the attending yachts, please contact your preferred charter broker, who will be able to make a viewing on your behalf.
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.
- Monaco Yacht Show 2019 announces superyacht line-upRunning between 25 - 28 September, Monaco’s Port Hercules marina will be alive with activity as a stellar fleet of yach...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- VIDEO: Superyacht ‘Here Comes the Sun’ in the British Virgin Islands Amels’ 83m/272ft superyacht ‘Here Comes the Sun’ was spotted enjoying some tropical sun in the British Virgin Islands e...
- Megayacht TRANQUILITY joins the yacht charter fleetFormerly known as superyacht EQUANIMITY, the 92m/300ft motor yacht TRANQUILITY has become available for private yacht c...
- VIDEO: Superyacht ‘Lady S’ enjoys the waters of PortofinoIn a brand new video, drone footage gives us a closer look at one of the most exciting recent additions to the charter ...