2014 Mediterranean Yacht Show – The Countdown Begins
With just a few weeks to go until the inaugural 2014 Mediterranean Yacht Show, we take a look at what to expect during this brand-new event in Greece and pick out some of the yachts from what is set to be an impressive line-up.
The upcoming show will be the first to be organised by the newly formed GYA (Greek Yachting Association) which is made up of some of the most experienced charter brokers and yachting industry professionals in Greece. Some fantastic luxury charter yachts are expected to make an appearance this year, varying widely in size and style, set against the beautiful backdrop of the historical town of Nafplio.
The 58m/190’ superyacht MAGNA GRECIA will be one of the largest on display at the Mediterranean Yacht Show. Though built in 1986, she has been meticulously maintained and updated and offers a stylish and well-equipped base for Greece luxury yacht charters. Her vast sundeck has been fitted out with professional lighting and audio systems and has been strengthened for use as a helideck.
One of the most popular charter yachts in the East Mediterranean – the 45m/147’6 motor yacht OURANOS will also be attending the show. We were lucky enough to take a tour of the yacht as well as meet her excellent crew at last year’s East Med Yacht Show in Poros and were very impressed by her exceptionally stylish interior and huge outdoor spaces. With her extensive range of amenities and offering six luxurious staterooms, she is sure to stand-out at the new show.
In addition to the selection of motor yachts that are due to be exhibited, there will also be some beautiful sailing yachts, including the 38m/124’7 Perama-built MATINA, the 33m/108’27’ AMADEUS, the 30m/98’4 motor sailor AEGEAN SCHATZ and the 24m/78’7 sailing yacht EFI.
More Yacht Information
Magna Grecia Yacht For Charter
59m Elsflether Werft, 1986 / 2006
Ipanemas Yacht For Charter
45m Tecnomar, 2012
Matina Yacht For Charter
38m Perama, 2000 / 2004
Amadeus Yacht For Charter
34m Dynamique, 1996 / 2004
Aegean Schatz Yacht For Charter
30m Yener, 2006 / 2007
Efi Yacht For Charter
24m Psaros Shipyard, 1964 / 2009
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y PIONEER Offers Two Free Days of CharterOffering guests 9 days charter for the price of 7, the 46m/151ft expedition yacht PIONEER is perfect for exploring the ...
- M/Y ELYSIAN Open For Charter In The CaribbeanFollowing her appearance at the Antigua Charter Yacht Show in December, the 60m/197ft motor yacht ELYSIAN is now availa...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- Greece Maintains Status as a Superyacht Hotspot With a new year now underway, it’s possible to see how Greece continued to maintain its position as one of the prime ya...
- M/Y AXIOMA Drops Rate By €255,000 For WinterOffering a considerable reduction on select dates this spring and autumn, the 72m/236ft motor yacht AXIOMA presents a d...