The 140m/459ft motor yacht 'Project Lightning' has left Lurssen's facilities in preparation for sea trials.
Lurssen's latest superyacht, known only as Project Lightning, has left the shipyard's facilities in Bremen for the first time today.
She is currently en route to the North Sea, where she will begin the rigorous process of sea trials.
It comes after the superyacht first hit the water in early July, providing a first look at this mammoth megayacht.
View this post on Instagram
New 140m launch at @luerssenyachts • Photo by @superyachttimes #yachttrip#yachtclub#yachtmaster#luxurydesign#yachtingclub#travel#yacht_club#yachtinglifestyle#yachtstyle#megayacht#luxuryyacht#yachtmasters#luxury_club#yachtday#sainttropez#yachtlife#boat#boatday#holiday#yachtholiday#yachty#yachties#yachtingworld#boatworld#luxuryyachts#luxuryyachting#boatlife#amazing#france#luxe
Project Lightning is expected to be the largest superyacht delivery of 2019.
The German yard has had a busy year already, with the deliveries of two other yachts measuring over 100m; the 136m/446ft motor yacht 'Flying Fox' and the 111m/364ft superyacht TIS. Both of these megayachts have recently become available for luxury yacht charters.
In addition, the shipbuilder also delivered 95m/31ft superyacht MADSUMMER in the middle of last month.
Project Lightning is expected to be the largest superyacht delivery of the year.
Lurssen has kept the details about their latest project closely under wraps. It is known that the yacht's exterior lines come from the drawing boards of Espen Oeino, and photos suggest she will have a side-loading tender garage and multiple pools and relaxation areas.
She also plays host to a large aft deck helipad and a second foredeck helipad.
Upon delivery, she will rank in the Top 20 in the World's Top 100 Superyachts, giving Lurssen a total of 28 motor yachts in the leaderboard.
It is not yet known whether M/Y PROJECT LIGHTNING will be available for crewed yacht charters.
If you want to charter a similar superyacht, you can view and compare all Lurssen superyachts for charter.
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.
- Monaco Yacht Show 2019 announces superyacht line-upRunning between 25 - 28 September, Monaco’s Port Hercules marina will be alive with activity as a stellar fleet of yach...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- VIDEO: Superyacht ‘Here Comes the Sun’ in the British Virgin Islands Amels’ 83m/272ft superyacht ‘Here Comes the Sun’ was spotted enjoying some tropical sun in the British Virgin Islands e...
- Megayacht TRANQUILITY joins the yacht charter fleetFormerly known as superyacht EQUANIMITY, the 92m/300ft motor yacht TRANQUILITY has become available for private yacht c...
- VIDEO: Superyacht ‘Lady S’ enjoys the waters of PortofinoIn a brand new video, drone footage gives us a closer look at one of the most exciting recent additions to the charter ...