Following almost four years of construction, the breathtaking 116m/381ft motor yacht ULYSSES has been delivered to her discerning owner and is making a passage for Gibraltar.
Leaving Norway after a lengthy and secretive build phase, superyacht ULYSSES is now out on her maiden voyage to the Mediterranean.
Built for a repeat client, the Kleven shipyard built the former ULYSSES which is now known as the 107m/352ft expedition yacht ANDROMEDA back in 2015. Whilst British stylists H2 Yacht Design were responsible for the interior spaces on board the original ULYSSES, the team at Redman Whiteley Dixon (RWD) have been brought in to finish the brand new ULYSSES.
Whilst the brand new superyacht ULYSSES is 9 metres longer than her predecessor, she is also larger in terms of gross tonnage (GT). Indeed, ULYSSES boasts an interior spaciousness of 6700 tonnes, whilst the former ULYSESS has an internal volume of 5937 tonnes. To get a better understanding of the difference between the two superyachts, consider that superyacht ULYSSES is 8% larger and 13% more spacious than the one that came before her.
As a state of the art expedition yacht, it will come as no surprise to learn that ULYSSES boasts a commanding fleet of tenders which will allow her owner and his guests to get out and explore even the most faraway reaches of the world’s waters.
Indeed, there is space on the bow dedicated for storing a Princess 68 as well as an impressive sports fisher which are both sure to provide plenty of options to those on board. Similarly, the amidship section is home to a helipad for a Bell 429 helicopter which will make accessing various destinations as convenient as possible. The hangar on the top deck also provides some excellent storage for this additional feature.
Perfectly equipped to take on the world, the brand new expedition yacht ULYSSES is unquestionably in a league of her own
Based on naval architecture designed by industrial ship builder Marin Teknikk, superyacht ULYSSES is capable of comfortably cruising with up to 66 guests on board. As images of her interior are yet to be published, there is still plenty of speculation surrounding ULYSSES and the features she’s certain to feature inside.
As more information becomes available regarding superyacht ULYSSES, YachtCharterFleet will be sure to keep readers fully up to date.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...