The hull of the 109m/358ft motor yacht ‘Oceanco Y720’ is the first project to enter Oceanco’s new facilities in Zwijndrecht, in the Netherlands.
First acquired by Oceanco in May, the yard’s new construction facilities welcomed their first project yesterday.
Known only as Y720, the vessel will undergo all remaining construction at the Zwijndrecht facilities, including the installation of her superstructure.
She will then be transferred back to Oceanco’s Alblasserdam headquarters, located just 10km down river, for outfitting.
Details about the yacht remain under wraps, but she is thought to be one of the largest motor yachts currently being built in the Netherlands.
The yard has previously said that two 100 metre superyacht projects would be entering their new construction yard by the end of the year.
The new 28-acre site has offices and conferences centres on the premises, as well as facilities for outfitting, construction, painting and sandblasting.
The facilities will be used primarily for refit works and manufacturing steel hulls for new builds. However, they will also be used for educational purposes.
In a statement, Oceanco has said; "Oceanco is taking a leadership role in creating a platform in the superyacht sector for propagating economic and sustainable opportunities in a circular economy which is intended to lead to cost savings, innovation, job creation and a more sensible use of energy and raw materials."
Y720 will undergo all remaining construction at the Zwijndrecht facilities, including the installation of her superstructure.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed