The Monaco Grand Prix, the jewel in the crown for Formula One, gets underway today and as always Port Hercule is crammed with luxury yachts, superyachts & segayachts - some over 80 meters in length.
Despite its narrow streets the F1 Monaco Grand Prix remains the race to see and be seen at, and as a result the who's who of the SuperyachtSet are in town to witness this spectacle. This year the largest megayacht in the harbor is the 95m Indian Empress, owned by Indian business baron Vijay Mallya, who owns Kingfisher Airlines and is the team principle of Force India F1 racing. Mr Mallya is famous for hosting spectacular evening events aboard his yacht and no doubt this year will be no exception.
Other notable yachts include the popular corporate charter yacht O'Mega - at 85m long she can entertain up to 150 guests in style, Told U So, the popular Benetti charter yacht owned by the South African hotelier, Kirk Lazarus, and Superyacht Force Blue, reportedly owned by the flamboyant Italian Flavio Briatore, which features one of the best onboard spa facilities of any yacht of her size. Those not lucky enough to get a highly prized berth are anchored out in Monaco Bay, including the 85m OceanCo yacht Sunrays, Baton Rouge, Pegasus V and Let it Be, the 50m Heesen.
Along with the private yachts such as Sunrays, Lionheart & Deja Vu there are numerous charter yachts that are available to rent for the weekend if you fancy being part of SuperyachtSet next year at the Monaco Grand Prix in 2014. Find out more by reading our Monaco Grand Prix Yacht Charter Guide.
Charter Yachts at the Monaco Grand Prix 2013 are listed below:
Despite its narrow streets the F1 Monaco Grand Prix remains the race to see and be seen at, and as a result the who's who of the SuperyachtSet are in town to witness this spectacle.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.