For the 16th annual Charter Chefs Competition, which took place at the Antigua Charter Yacht Show last week, chefs had to create a traditional three course Christmas luncheon from the country of their choice - but with a Caribbean twist.
Winners of the chef competition were unveiled in an awards ceremony and prize giving at Nelson’s Dockyard’s Admirals Inn on 8th December. Split into three categories to factor in the different lengths of yachts participating, the competition saw the creation of a fantastic variety of international Christmas dishes from countries including Australia, New Zealand, Peru, Cuba, the United States, and European destinations such as Germany, Norway and the United Kingdom.
The Caribbean flair took the form of ingredients from the region.
Each tasting took place on board the respective chef’s yacht, where the five judges marked on the criteria of originality and creativity, presentation, taste and flavour, country theme and Caribbean twist, execution of craft and technique, and overall impression.
CHARTER CHEF WINNERS 2015
Category One - Chefs on Yachts 160ft and Over
• First Place: Chef Scott Dickson on motor yacht INCEPTION
• Second Place: Chef Diego Andra on expedition yacht SEAWOLF
• Third Place: Chef Leishan van den Berg on motor yacht AMARYLLIS
Category Two - Chefs on Yachts 126ft to 159ft
• First Place: Chef Ben Dineen on motor yacht 'Lady J'
• Second Place: Chef Ben Calvino on sailing yacht HYPERION
• Third Place: Chef Jilles Kuppens on motor yacht SCORPION
Category Three – Chefs on Yachts 125ft and Under
• First Place: Chef Michelle Bonetti on expedition yacht ZEEPAARD
• Second Place: Chef Eric Davis on motor yacht ANDIAMO
• Third Place: Chef Audrey Harper on catamaran BAMARANDI
TABLESCAPING WINNERS 2015
A Tablescaping Competition took place alongside the Chef Competition, which required stewardesses and stewards to decorate their dining table in a style to suit their chef’s country choice. They were also required to add a Caribbean twist.
• Yachts 160ft and Over: expedition yacht SEAWOLF
• Yachts 126ft to 159ft: motor yacht MIM
• Yachts 125ft and Under: expedition yacht ZEEPAARD
For further information on any of the aforementioned superyachts, please speak to your preferred charter broker.
- M/Y ‘Dolce Vita’ Available For Charter In ThailandDelivered earlier this year, the 33m/108ft motor yacht ‘Dolce Vita’ is now available for charter in the uniquely fascin...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- The Top 5 Largest Charter Yachts at MYS 2017The yachting industry will turn its attention exclusively to the Monaco Yacht Show 2017 when it gets underway at the en...
- Celebrate the Holidays On Board M/Y ‘Sweet Escape’The recently refitted 40m/130ft luxury yacht ‘Sweet Escape’ from Christensen is available for a Christmas or New Year’s...
- World's Largest Superyacht REV Available To CharterSet to become the world's largest superyacht in terms of both length and gross tonnage (GT), the 182m/596ft motor yacht...
- M/Y OCEANA Joins Charter Fleet With Special OfferRefit to an exacting standard last year, the 55m/180ft motor yacht OCEANA is now available for charter, with a 30% redu...