For the 16th annual Charter Chefs Competition, which took place at the Antigua Charter Yacht Show last week, chefs had to create a traditional three course Christmas luncheon from the country of their choice - but with a Caribbean twist.
Winners of the chef competition were unveiled in an awards ceremony and prize giving at Nelson’s Dockyard’s Admirals Inn on 8th December. Split into three categories to factor in the different lengths of yachts participating, the competition saw the creation of a fantastic variety of international Christmas dishes from countries including Australia, New Zealand, Peru, Cuba, the United States, and European destinations such as Germany, Norway and the United Kingdom.
The Caribbean flair took the form of ingredients from the region.
Each tasting took place on board the respective chef’s yacht, where the five judges marked on the criteria of originality and creativity, presentation, taste and flavour, country theme and Caribbean twist, execution of craft and technique, and overall impression.
CHARTER CHEF WINNERS 2015
Category One - Chefs on Yachts 160ft and Over
• First Place: Chef Scott Dickson on motor yacht INCEPTION
• Second Place: Chef Diego Andra on expedition yacht SEAWOLF
• Third Place: Chef Leishan van den Berg on motor yacht AMARYLLIS
Category Two - Chefs on Yachts 126ft to 159ft
• First Place: Chef Ben Dineen on motor yacht 'Lady J'
• Second Place: Chef Ben Calvino on sailing yacht HYPERION
• Third Place: Chef Jilles Kuppens on motor yacht SCORPION
Category Three – Chefs on Yachts 125ft and Under
• First Place: Chef Michelle Bonetti on expedition yacht ZEEPAARD
• Second Place: Chef Eric Davis on motor yacht ANDIAMO
• Third Place: Chef Audrey Harper on catamaran BAMARANDI
TABLESCAPING WINNERS 2015
A Tablescaping Competition took place alongside the Chef Competition, which required stewardesses and stewards to decorate their dining table in a style to suit their chef’s country choice. They were also required to add a Caribbean twist.
• Yachts 160ft and Over: expedition yacht SEAWOLF
• Yachts 126ft to 159ft: motor yacht MIM
• Yachts 125ft and Under: expedition yacht ZEEPAARD
For further information on any of the aforementioned superyachts, please speak to your preferred charter broker.
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- World's Largest Superyacht REV Available To CharterSet to become the world's largest superyacht in terms of both length and gross tonnage (GT), the 182m/596ft motor yacht...
- Superyacht 11-11 Now Available for Peak SeasonDue to a change in the owner’s plans, the 63m/207ft motor yacht 11/11 has some highly desireable and rare charter avail...
- M/Y KHALILAH Joins the Global Charter FleetThe first all carbon superyacht, the 49m/157ft superyacht KHALILAH is the latest addition to the global charter fleet. ...
- M/Y SAVANNAH Offers Rare Charter OpportunityOne of the most highly regarded and exclusive superyachts of all time, the 84m/274ft motor yacht SAVANNAH has some rare...
- Video: Life On Board 83m M/Y ‘Here Comes The Sun’A brand new video released by Amels showcases the levels of luxury to be enjoyed on board their largest superyacht to d...