Winners of Antigua Charter Yacht Show's Chef Competition's Announced
The winners of the 2014 Antigua Charter Yacht Show's chef's competition have been announced, with industry's finest competing to produce the best three-course Caribbean dinner that charter guests who come aboard can expect to enjoy.
The 15th edition of the Antigua Charter Yacht Show's Culinary Contest provides the ideal opportunity for charter yachts to showcase the talent of their crew members, as well as the impressive design and amenities of the yacht. Guests on board the winners can rest assured their charter vacation will feature delicious fine dining at the hands of their talented chefs.
Participants in the chef competition were challenged to create the best "gluten-free" dishes for this year's healthy theme. Winners were selected for their creativity, presentation, technique, and use of local Caribbean ingredients - as well as overall flavour.
In the category for small luxury yachts sized 99 feet or below, it was 27m sailing yacht LUSH which beat the competition and earn the top prize.
In the '100 to 159 feet category,' it was chef Ryan Craig from Perini Navi 47m sailing yacht ANDROMEDA LA DEA that took 3rd prize, with chef Michael Hobins from another Perini Navi sailing yacht, 40m STATE OF GRACE, coming second and 40m Christensen motor yacht SWEET ESCAPE's chef Kdn Lyne scooping the coveted first prize (crew pictured above).
In the larger category, judging superyachts measuring 160 feet or above, chef Shannon Bootes from 50m motor yacht AQUAVITA took 3rd place, with second prize being awarded to chef Garath Alder from 52m motor yacht DENIKI and chef Craig Stevens, who works on board the newly remodelled and lengthened 68m motor yacht ICON, collecting first prize.
In the additional table setting competition, themed around Antigua's national fruit - the pineapple, it was charter yachts LUSH, SWEET ESCAPE and AQUAVITA that were worthy winners in their respective categories for creating the most original displays that charter guests would enjoy.
With the Antigua Charter Yacht Show growing each year, next year's edition of the chef awards promises to be even bigger and better.
More Yacht Information
Icon Yacht For Charter
68m Icon Yachts, 2010 / 2014
Deniki Yacht For Charter
52m Amels, 2007
Aquavita Yacht For Charter
50m Westport, 2009 / 2014
Andromeda la Dea Yacht For Charter
47m Perini Navi, 1991 / 2006
Sweet Escape Yacht For Charter
40m Christensen, 1993 / 2010
S.Y STATE OF GRACE Yacht For Charter
39m Perini Navi, 2013
Lush Yacht For Charter
27m Oyster Marine, 2012
- S/Y ALEXA Opens for Charters for Two in IndonesiaThe 31m/102ft sailing yacht ALEXA is a one-cabin phinisi offering romantic adventures for two in the magnificent archip...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- M/Y HARMONYA Now Available For CharterOriginally built by the Benetti Sail Division in 2005 and refit to an incredibly high standard in 2010, the 29m/94ft mo...
- M/Y SERENITY Joins the Global Charter FleetThe 41m/133ft superyacht SERENITY is now available for charter in the Bahamas and Caribbean following her launch from C...
- Feadship M/Y AQUARIUS Opens for CharterFollowing her sensational launch last September, the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship has now become availa...