Inaugurating the Monaco Yacht Show 2018, an awards ceremony shone the spotlight on the finest superyachts of the past year.
Four awards were presented at the fifth edition of the Monaco Yacht Show Superyacht Awards, held in Monte-Carlo last Tuesday. The winners fell into categories including Best Exterior Design, Best Interior Design and Finest New Superyacht. Additionally, the RINA award was given to the luxury yacht which boasted the most eco-friendly attributes.
The video captures the atmosphere at the prestigious ceremony, where 400 privileged guests attended to watch the trophies being presented on stage. A panel of yachting journalists decide the yachts that are worthy of an accolade at the event.
Oceanco’s 90m/295ft superyacht DAR scooped up two awards at the ceremony; one for Best Exterior Design and one for Finest New Superyacht, which is considered the highest honour.
The exterior design of DAR is the work of Luiz de Basto, who said that he was very honoured to be celebrated for his work on the yacht. “We are so glad we won, but we didn’t come here to rest.” He said in the video.
Valentina Zannier, the chief interior designer at Nuvolari Lenard, was on hand at the show as well, and can be seen in the video giving an interview about the Monaco Yacht Show 2018. She was part of the team which designed the interiors of superyacht DAR.
“We are so glad we won, but we didn’t come here to rest.”
“You have to be here.” She said. “You can’t miss it, especially when you work in interior and exterior design.
“It’s a good chance to meet people from shipyards and potential clients.” She added.
Gaelle Tallarida, managing director of Monaco Yacht Show, presented the awards and also appears in the opening of the video.
Additionally, the Deputy General Manager of Pride Megayachts, Roger Friedrich, is shown talking about their successful delivery of the 88m/291ft superyacht ‘Illusion Plus’, the largest yacht ever built in China.
To see the full list of winners in each category, be sure to check out our article.
- FLYING FOX - World's largest charter yacht revealedIt has been announced that the brand new Lurssen Superyacht FLYING FOX will join the Charter Fleet.
- Tahiti yacht charters available at a reduced price with 60m M/Y DREAMCruise around Tahiti and the rest of French Polynesia at a discounted rate on board the 60m/197ft multi-award-winning m...
- The best brand-new superyachts for charter in 2019Be among the first to step on board a brand new superyacht with our round-up of the best recently-delivered yachts avai...
- M/Y ‘Christina O’ available to charter at a reduced rate in the MediterraneanExplore Mediterranean hotspots such as the South of France and the Italian Riviera at a reduced rate on board one of th...
- VIDEO: Feadship transports 93m charter yacht ‘Lady S’ In a recent video, Feadship gives viewers a behind-the-scenes glimpse into how they moved their 93m/ 305ft megayacht ‘L...
- Discover Belize with Westport M/Y TRENDINGEnjoy a Belize luxury yacht charter this June on board the 50m/165ft superyacht TRENDING from Westport.