A short video documenting the sea trials carried out by the latest superyacht from Wider Yachts looks like the popular amenity could well undergo a revolution.
No longer simply a functional feature, the platform on the transom of the yacht has become home to the beach club- an area which combines stylish comfort with effortless access to the water and tenders.
A charterer’s favourite way of unwinding in the sun, the beach club has grown in size as well as popularity, with innovative design meaning the space is no longer just about swimming when at anchor, but enjoying the same kind of entertainment traditionally reserved for the main salon.
Exciting news, then, that Wider Yachts recently released a series of photographs revealing their highly pioneering beach club which spans over 1,000 square feet- a scale which is unmatched by any other vessel of comparable size.
It would seem that the future of beach clubs on board superyachts will all be down to space, and plenty of it
Making good use of retractable doors to optimise the space in this area, the yacht- referred to as ‘project GENESI’- clearly anticipates guests spending the larger portion of their time outdoors enjoying the heat and a sea breeze.
Perhaps the most striking thing about the video and its accompanying images is just how versatile the space appears to be- one moment it’s the ideal sunbathing spot, and the next it’s a garage for a 32ft tender.
Indeed, those with a sharp eye will notice that there’s a 7m swimming pool situated at the tip of the beach club- a feature which is converted into a tender bay at a moment’s notice.
Whilst awaiting more information regarding superyacht GENESI, why not take a look at other luxury yachts which redefined the design of the beach club:
Delivered from Perini Navi in 2007, the multi-award winning 56m/184ft sailing yacht SELENE features a beach club which includes a nicely hinged swim platform, allowing guests a chance to effortlessly join the water sacrificing any of their sunbathing space.
With a dive compressor and plenty of scuba gear on board, such an arrangement ultimately allows guests to enjoy the water in the most convenient manner.
2. EXCELLENCE V
Rather than clutter the aft deck with various towable toys and tenders, the beach club on board 60m/197ft motor yacht Excellence V is set to one side, allowing for the space to reach its full potential.
Built by the German shipyard Abeking & Rasmussen, the yacht also includes a fully stocked bar in its beach club- a perfect partner for grabbing a cocktail whilst taking in the sun.
3. 'Lady Candy'
Unsurprisingly, Benetti have been responsible for one of the more interesting beach club designs out there. Built in 2013, the 56m/184ft luxury yacht Lady Candy features a shaded lounge on the aft deck which is connected via a stairway to the lower deck.
Appropriately nautical, the colour scheme is nicely accentuated by comfortable furnishings and sizeable port holes for taking in the views.
- M/Y 'SERENITAS II' Delivered and Open For CharterNewly delivered, the 32m/105ft motor yacht ‘SERENITAS II’ is now available for charter in the sublime cruising grounds ...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y AIR Shows Off New Look After Major RefitFormerly known as QM of London, the 50m/164ft superyacht AIR has emerged from an extensive refurbishment with a fresh n...
- S/Y 'In Love' Now Available For CharterAvailable from 1st August, the 36m/117ft sailing yacht ‘In Love’ will be open for charter in the remarkable cruising gr...
- Feadship Superyacht HASNA DeliveredDesigned in partnership with a well-experienced charterer, the 73m/240ft motor yacht HASNA was delivered from Feadship ...
- World's Largest Superyacht REV Available To CharterSet to become the world's largest superyacht in terms of both length and gross tonnage (GT), the 182m/596ft motor yacht...