Feadship launched its first ever ice-class yacht, the 51m/167ft Feadship 701, at its facilities in Aalsmeer, the Netherlands, earlier today with video footage revealing the moment it first hit the water.
The Dutch shipyard is yet to reveal the name of the new project, but it is known to be hull 701 and De Voogt Naval Architects are confirmed to be behind the naval architecture and styling.
By watching the film clip, you can take in her plumb bow, which is befitting of her ice-class status, and her sharp exterior lines are balanced out by soft curves for a rugged yet luxurious explorer-style look.
The exact classification of her ice-breaking capabilities also remains a secret, but it is expected that she will be able to cruise in some of the world’s remotest oceans, such as Antarctica and the Arctic.
The yacht's sharp exterior lines are balanced out by soft curves for a rugged yet luxurious explorer-style look
She should also be able to cruise for long periods of time without refuelling. Her range is expected to be 4,500 nautical miles at 10 knots and her fuel capacity measures nearly 24,000 gallons. Her top speed, meanwhile, should be 14.5 knots.
Other confirmed information include the measurements of her draft, which come in at 3.35m/11ft and 10.8m/35ft respectively, and that Bannenberg & Rowell Design have headed up the interior styling.
It is not yet known whether Feadship 701 will be available for charter, but for more details on chartering a Feadship yacht, speak to your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, view all Feadship yachts available for charter.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed