Formerly known as Project 818, the 77m/253ft motor yacht Syzygy 818 headed out on sea trials this morning.
After leaving Feadship’s facilities for final outfitting last month, Syzygy 818 was filmed snaking through Holland’s numerous canals and waterways.
She is now undergoing her first day of sea trials in the North Sea.
It comes after Feadship live-streamed the launch of Syzygy 818 at their Kaag shipyard in June.
Until recently, the yacht was known as Project 818. The name ‘Syzygy’ is an astronomic term which is defined as the alignment of the sun, stars or moon.
The motor yacht features elegant exteriors by Jarkko Jamsen. The Nordic studio has created a strong profile with an angular bow and well-proportioned lines.
Her interiors, meanwhile, have been headed up by Sinot Exclusive Yacht Design, and little is known about their unique styling.
The yacht has beam of 11m (36ft) and a gross tonnage of 1900 tonnes.
Following the successful completion of sea trials, the yacht is expected to be delivered to her owner in time for the summer cruising season.
It is not yet known whether M/Y SYZYGY 818 will be available for luxury private yacht charters.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed