Formerly known as Project 818, the 77m/253ft motor yacht Syzygy 818 headed out on sea trials this morning.
After leaving Feadship’s facilities for final outfitting last month, Syzygy 818 was filmed snaking through Holland’s numerous canals and waterways.
She is now undergoing her first day of sea trials in the North Sea.
It comes after Feadship live-streamed the launch of Syzygy 818 at their Kaag shipyard in June.
Until recently, the yacht was known as Project 818. The name ‘Syzygy’ is an astronomic term which is defined as the alignment of the sun, stars or moon.
The motor yacht features elegant exteriors by Jarkko Jamsen. The Nordic studio has created a strong profile with an angular bow and well-proportioned lines.
Her interiors, meanwhile, have been headed up by Sinot Exclusive Yacht Design, and little is known about their unique styling.
The yacht has beam of 11m (36ft) and a gross tonnage of 1900 tonnes.
Following the successful completion of sea trials, the yacht is expected to be delivered to her owner in time for the summer cruising season.
It is not yet known whether M/Y SYZYGY 818 will be available for luxury private yacht charters.
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.