Panning across a magnificent range of luxury yachts lined up in the beautiful bay of Cannes, the video clip from day one perfectly captures the splendour and glamour of the Cannes Yachting Festival, which this year is celebrating its 40th anniversary.
As revealed by Sylvie Ernoult, the show manager at the festival, 80 percent of the yachts in attendance are motor yachts. This amounts to 500 motor yachts in total, 100 of which are above 20 metres and all of which are specially customised. Therefore, no two yachts are the same.
The biggest, charter yacht ‘Double Down’ from Codecasa, measures 65 metres, and is revealed in all her glory berthed in the Port Pierre Canto alongside scores of other superyachts available for both sale and charter.
CNN CEO Diego Michele Deprati is on film too, talking about the yard’s first 50 metre superyacht, which is making its debut at the show. According to Deprati, the yacht represents the yard as a major player in custom-made production.
Product and project director of ISA Yachts Gianpaolo Lapenna is then caught on camera alongside the yard’s 120 Sport model, which measures 36 metres and is said to be the first boat of a new era for the yard thanks to its innovative interior.
The video clip also reveals the busy boardwalks of the show as visitors walk the red carpets taking in all the yachts and exhibitors in attendance under clear blue skies.
Day one also saw a ribbon cutting ceremony with the mayor of Cannes David Lisnard doing the honours. After which he took to the podium to address the crowd of spectators, as did president of Reed Expositions Michel Filzi.
Panning across a magnificent range of luxury yachts, the footage perfectly captures the splendour and glamour of the Cannes Yachting Festival
The show is open until 7pm tonight and doors will open again tomorrow from 10am to 7pm. Be sure to return to YachtCharterFleet to find out how day two at the show went.
For more details on any charter yachts in attendance, speak to your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all luxury yachts at the Cannes Yachting Festival 2017.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...