Panning across a magnificent range of luxury yachts lined up in the beautiful bay of Cannes, the video clip from day one perfectly captures the splendour and glamour of the Cannes Yachting Festival, which this year is celebrating its 40th anniversary.
As revealed by Sylvie Ernoult, the show manager at the festival, 80 percent of the yachts in attendance are motor yachts. This amounts to 500 motor yachts in total, 100 of which are above 20 metres and all of which are specially customised. Therefore, no two yachts are the same.
The biggest, charter yacht ‘Double Down’ from Codecasa, measures 65 metres, and is revealed in all her glory berthed in the Port Pierre Canto alongside scores of other superyachts available for both sale and charter.
CNN CEO Diego Michele Deprati is on film too, talking about the yard’s first 50 metre superyacht, which is making its debut at the show. According to Deprati, the yacht represents the yard as a major player in custom-made production.
Product and project director of ISA Yachts Gianpaolo Lapenna is then caught on camera alongside the yard’s 120 Sport model, which measures 36 metres and is said to be the first boat of a new era for the yard thanks to its innovative interior.
The video clip also reveals the busy boardwalks of the show as visitors walk the red carpets taking in all the yachts and exhibitors in attendance under clear blue skies.
Day one also saw a ribbon cutting ceremony with the mayor of Cannes David Lisnard doing the honours. After which he took to the podium to address the crowd of spectators, as did president of Reed Expositions Michel Filzi.
Panning across a magnificent range of luxury yachts, the footage perfectly captures the splendour and glamour of the Cannes Yachting Festival
The show is open until 7pm tonight and doors will open again tomorrow from 10am to 7pm. Be sure to return to YachtCharterFleet to find out how day two at the show went.
For more details on any charter yachts in attendance, speak to your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all luxury yachts at the Cannes Yachting Festival 2017.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charter in MayAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new charter yacht O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...