As the closing party came to an end on Sunday 11th September, it was once again time to reflect on the success of the annual Cannes Yachting Festival. As attending press, YachtCharterFleet were on hand to cover this year’s prestigious event.
Lighting up the French Riviera last week, the Cannes Yachting Festival 2016 more than lived up to its heightened expectations.
Indeed, with both Le Vieux Port and The Port Pierre Canto lined with a dynamic range of motor yachts and sailing yachts- as well as a host of luxury brand ambassadors in between- the festival enjoyed considerable attendance and balmy weather.
Hosting a number of world premieres, the event also displayed a number of superyachts available for charter such as the 34m/110ft motor yacht ‘Heliad II’, the 30m/100ft luxury yacht KOHUBA and the 27m/90ft motor yacht ‘Don Michele’.
An exceptional chance for shipyards to showcase their leading models, the likes of Sunseeker, Princess, and Sanlorenzo were on hand to take the editorial team of YachtCharterFleet on extensive and detailed yacht tours.
True to tradition, the Cannes Yachting Festival 2016 showcased some of the most impressive superyachts on the water
With the historic skyline of Cannes providing a suitably sophisticated backdrop for the week’s proceedings, the many berths provided countless views of swim platforms, beach clubs, and aft decks.
Taking tours around Benetti superyachts and learning more about the latest builds from Riva, the editorial team also captured exclusive images of the 38m/125ft motor yacht TAKRA and the 30m/98ft luxury yacht GATSBY.
In addition to learning more regarding the details of certain charter yachts, the team also took the opportunity to check out the latest developments in marine technology and the latest water toys in demand.
Revealing that the Cannes Yachting Festival 2017 will take place between the 12th and 17th September next year, the industry will no doubt be expecting great things for the show’s fortieth anniversary.
To find out more about any of the charter yachts which attended this year’s Cannes Yachting Festival, please feel free to get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at the video below to get a closer look at the week's action.
Photos (57) See gallery
- Heesen M/Y ASYA Joins Mediterranean Charter FleetThe 47m/153ft superyacht ASYA has now joined the global charter fleet, and will be available in Mediterranean hotspots ...
- 5 Top Superyachts Available To Charter At America’s CupTaking place this June, the hotly anticipated America’s Cup is no doubt best enjoyed on board one of the outstanding mo...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y TITANIA Heads to Ibiza for Summer ChartersThe impressive 73m/239ft motor yacht TITANIA is available for charter in Balearics hotspots such as Ibiza and Mallorca ...
- A First Look At The Refit Of Charter Yacht DESTINYRecently returning home to Heesen for an exacting refit, the 37m/122ft motor yacht DESTINY has taken on a brand new you...
- More Charter Yachts Set For Mediterranean Yacht ShowJoining an already outstanding collection of superyachts, three new charter yachts have been confirmed for the Mediterr...