As the closing ceremony drew to an end, and the red carpet was once again rolled away for another year, the waters surrounding Cannes came alive to toast another successful edition of the prestigious event.
Unquestionably the most anticipated date in the French Riviera calendar, the Cannes Film Festival sees a number of highly regarded luxury yachts berthed in La Napoule, Antibes, Monaco, and the Old Port of Cannes.
This year was no exception, with a whole range of impressive vessels descending on the glamorous French town for the 69th edition of the historic festival.
Catching the attention of more than a few A-listers this year was the 163m/533ft motor yacht ECLIPSE as she sat in the waters off Golfe Juan, an addition which provided the festival with an appropriately distinguished coastline.
Similarly, reports of a late night party on-board the 126/414ft luxury yacht OCTOPUS would suggest that the characteristic spirit of the annual festival shows no signs of diminishing.
As more and more images of the parties and celebrations emerge, it becomes abundantly clear that a Cannes event charter is quite unlike any other
Indeed, the festival presents an ideal opportunity to couple relaxation with some seriously sophisticated socialising- it’s not often that charterers have the opportunity to step off their yacht and acquaint themselves with the names behind the year’s biggest blockbusters.
Not only does the eleven day event provide the chance for a truly unique vacation, but it also presents an impressive backdrop for a corporate yacht charter. More specifically, there are few more impressive means of rewarding staff, securing deals, or extending a professional network.
Observing the arrivals at this year’s event, there was unquestionably a fervour of excitement when it became clear that the 62m/203ft motor yacht ROMA was destined for the red carpet.
Likewise, the sophisticated 74m/243ft motor yacht ‘Cocoa Bean’ was assuredly in good company and an appropriately opulent feature out on the water surrounding Cannes over the last couple of weeks.
Though not available for charter, there was bound to be many visitors to Cannes keen to see the imaginative interior of the 62m/203ft motor yacht ‘Sea Owl’. Perhaps the most fitting aesthetic to attend this year, her enchanting interior was designed by Andrew Winch and features figures from Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland in variously themed rooms.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...