Thailand Welcomes Eight New Marinas
Eight new marinas designed to service large yachts are to be built in Thailand, with two planned for the emerging yachting hotspot of Phuket.
The marina development plan was announced by Thailand’s Transport Minister Arkhom Termpittayapaisith and is part of the government’s initiative to transform Thailand into the superyacht hub of South East Asia.
Four of the new marinas will be constructed along the coastline of the Andaman Sea, with the other four gracing the Gulf of Thailand.
Phuket is to welcome two new developments: the Asian Marina in Rassada and the Kung Bay Marina in Pa Khlok. The latter will be the larger of the two and deep enough to host superyachts. Construction is expected to begin on the Pa Khlok project in the first quarter of 2017.
The province of Phang Nga, located north of Phuket, is also set for two new marinas. The Aqua Star Marina and the Ban Bangchan Marina will both have berths measuring three to five metres in length.
Meanwhile, Koh Samui, one of the largest islands in the Gulf of Thailand, will offer two new marinas with shallower berths than their Andaman coast counterparts. However, the Laem Tien Port in Chonburi, situated 30 kilometres from Pattaya and 180 metres from Bangkok, will offer berths with a depth of five to six metres.
Berth depth for the final project in the Trat province is yet to be confirmed, but is expected to be the smallest of the eight new marinas.
The marina development plan is part of the government’s initiative to transform Thailand into the superyacht hub of South East Asia
Thailand is one of the fasting growing yacht destinations in the world thanks to its spectacular combination of azure waters, sublime beaches, delicious cuisine, vibrant culture and glorious weather. Plus new legislation announced last August means foreign-flagged superyachts can now legally charter in Thai waters.
Alternatively, take a look at all luxury yachts available to charter in Thailand.
CHARTER YACHTS IN THAILAND
Lamima Yacht For Charter
65m Unknown, 2014
Northern Sun Yacht For Charter
51m Narasaki Shipyard, 1976 / 2007
Silolona Yacht For Charter
50m Konjo Boat builders, 2004 / 2009
Ado Yacht For Charter
37m Broward, 1990 / 2011
Indigo Yacht For Charter
32m Sanlorenzo, 2012
Kama Bay Yacht For Charter
27m Richard Lowestoft, 1978 / 2011
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y PIONEER Offers Two Free Days of CharterOffering guests 9 days charter for the price of 7, the 46m/151ft expedition yacht PIONEER is perfect for exploring the ...
- M/Y ELYSIAN Open For Charter In The CaribbeanFollowing her appearance at the Antigua Charter Yacht Show in December, the 60m/197ft motor yacht ELYSIAN is now availa...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- Greece Maintains Status as a Superyacht Hotspot With a new year now underway, it’s possible to see how Greece continued to maintain its position as one of the prime ya...
- M/Y AXIOMA Drops Rate By €255,000 For WinterOffering a considerable reduction on select dates this spring and autumn, the 72m/236ft motor yacht AXIOMA presents a d...