Now preparing for its 57th edition, the annual yachting meet will bring together some of the best charter yachts in the Caribbean across the three show locations of Nelson’s Dockyard Marina, Antigua Yacht Club Marina and Falmouth Harbour Marina for six action-packed days.
After the first day, which calls for show-goers and captains to check in and attend briefings, yacht viewings begin at 9.30 on Wednesday 5 December and continue for the remainder of the show, interspersed with broker lunches, informative seminar sessions and unmissable social events.
The purpose of the show is to provide brokers and other industry professionals with the chance to step aboard the yachts in attendance for exclusive tours and to meet the captains and crews. This gives the insider knowledge needed to match clients with the most suitable superyacht.
Two of the most iconic yachts on this year’s line-up – the 90m/295ft superyacht ‘Phoenix 2’ and Oceanco’s 81m/267ft superyacht ‘Alfa Nero' – are also among the largest and will no doubt be turning heads with their sheer size, bold design and extensive facilities.
The show gives brokers the insider knowledge needed to match their clients with the most suitable superyacht
Brokers will also be keen to get on board a number of yachts which have only recently joined the charter market, such as the 55m/180ft Amels superyacht DRIFTWOOD as well as those showing off their new look after undergoing recent refits, including the 56m/182ft superyacht CYNTHIA.
One of the most popular features of the Antigua Charter Yacht Show is the annual Chefs’ Culinary Contest. This year will be the 19th edition of the competition and chefs will be tasked with creating a three-course meal for a ‘New Year’s Eve Dinner Party’.
The three categories – yachts 160ft and over, yachts 126ft to 159ft and yachts 125ft and under – will have a different special dietary requirement for chefs to take into consideration and will be judged throughout the duration of the show by an expert panel.
Chefs will not be the only crew members at work. Stewards and stewardesses will be challenged to create a special New Year’s Eve tablesetting. Winners will be announced in an awards ceremony on Saturday 8 December at the Admirals Inn, Nelsons Dockyard.
Running alongside the yacht viewings and crew competitions will be a variety of auxiliary events. Each day will start with two ‘informative hours’ which take a closer look at charter destinations, from Caribbean islands to far-flung regions such as Antarctica to Mediterranean hotspots.
Rounding up proceedings every evening will be cocktail parties and yacht hops. Not only will these social events give brokers the chance to network, but they also enable yachts to demonstrate how well they can entertain on a grand scale and how suitable they are for event and corporate charters.
Then on the fifth day, also known as ‘sail day’, select brokers will have the opportunity to undertake a ‘micro-charter’ in Antigua’s stunning waters. This will give an even more in-depth insight into what a luxury yacht can offer guests, from food and drink to the service of the captain and crew.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...