Sailing Yachts Confirmed for the New Zealand Millennium Cup
As one of the most highly anticipated superyacht regattas in the South Pacific, the Cup prides itself on being as much about racing as the yachts themselves.
As attentive to the crowds as the owners, the team behind the Cup ensure that sufficient sheltered anchorages and service options are readily available for their guests.
Held over three days from 26th to 29th January, the racing will take place across the stunning Bay of Islands, a destination ideal for action-packed sailing.
In true New Zealand style, the event is nicely relaxed, inviting visitors to consider extended charters in the region.
Below, we look at a few of the yachts confirmed for this year’s competition.
A seasoned veteran of the Cup, the 34m/110ft sailing yacht SILVERTIP will be returning for her fourth consecutive year.
As impressive in a race as she is for charter, SILVERTIP is the perfect choice for a vacation that combines the traditional with the contemporary.
The winner of the best Sail Yacht between 23m and 36m at the International Superyacht Society Awards in the year she was delivered, there’s no doubt that all eyes will be on her in New Zealand.
A compact elegant classic, the 27m/89ft sailing yacht KEALOHA will certainly be excited to make her debut at the regatta.
An ideal choice for those looking for an intimately luxurious charter vacation, KEALOHA accommodates up to 6 guests across 3 superbly designed staterooms.
Another award winner at the International Superyacht Society Awards for the best sail (24m-40m) in 2008, she will be perfectly at home amongst New Zealand’s most exciting yachts.
Showcasing the best yachts in the region, the Cup is a great opportunity to get an idea of the charter possibilities in New Zealand
An all round marvel, the 33m/108ft sailing yacht SHAMOUN combines stunning performance with highly regarded facilities.
Winning an award for best sail interior at the International Superyacht Society Awards in 2000, SHAMOUN will find it no struggle going from fiercely competitive sailing to luxury charter cruising.
As well as offering accommodation for up to 9 guests, she is also an ideal choice for a corporate event charter.
As much about the racing as the taking part, the yachts attending the Cup this year will surely increase interest in the vacation possibilities available in New Zealand.
In order to make enquires regarding a charter with any of the featured yachts, please get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all luxury charter yachts in New Zealand.
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y PIONEER Offers Two Free Days of CharterOffering guests 9 days charter for the price of 7, the 46m/151ft expedition yacht PIONEER is perfect for exploring the ...
- M/Y ELYSIAN Open For Charter In The CaribbeanFollowing her appearance at the Antigua Charter Yacht Show in December, the 60m/197ft motor yacht ELYSIAN is now availa...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- Greece Maintains Status as a Superyacht Hotspot With a new year now underway, it’s possible to see how Greece continued to maintain its position as one of the prime ya...
- M/Y AXIOMA Drops Rate By €255,000 For WinterOffering a considerable reduction on select dates this spring and autumn, the 72m/236ft motor yacht AXIOMA presents a d...