As one of the most highly anticipated superyacht regattas in the South Pacific, the Cup prides itself on being as much about racing as the yachts themselves.
As attentive to the crowds as the owners, the team behind the Cup ensure that sufficient sheltered anchorages and service options are readily available for their guests.
Held over three days from 26th to 29th January, the racing will take place across the stunning Bay of Islands, a destination ideal for action-packed sailing.
In true New Zealand style, the event is nicely relaxed, inviting visitors to consider extended charters in the region.
Below, we look at a few of the yachts confirmed for this year’s competition.
A seasoned veteran of the Cup, the 34m/110ft sailing yacht SILVERTIP will be returning for her fourth consecutive year.
As impressive in a race as she is for charter, SILVERTIP is the perfect choice for a vacation that combines the traditional with the contemporary.
The winner of the best Sail Yacht between 23m and 36m at the International Superyacht Society Awards in the year she was delivered, there’s no doubt that all eyes will be on her in New Zealand.
A compact elegant classic, the 27m/89ft sailing yacht KEALOHA will certainly be excited to make her debut at the regatta.
An ideal choice for those looking for an intimately luxurious charter vacation, KEALOHA accommodates up to 6 guests across 3 superbly designed staterooms.
Another award winner at the International Superyacht Society Awards for the best sail (24m-40m) in 2008, she will be perfectly at home amongst New Zealand’s most exciting yachts.
Showcasing the best yachts in the region, the Cup is a great opportunity to get an idea of the charter possibilities in New Zealand
An all round marvel, the 33m/108ft sailing yacht SHAMOUN combines stunning performance with highly regarded facilities.
Winning an award for best sail interior at the International Superyacht Society Awards in 2000, SHAMOUN will find it no struggle going from fiercely competitive sailing to luxury charter cruising.
As well as offering accommodation for up to 9 guests, she is also an ideal choice for a corporate event charter.
As much about the racing as the taking part, the yachts attending the Cup this year will surely increase interest in the vacation possibilities available in New Zealand.
In order to make enquires regarding a charter with any of the featured yachts, please get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all luxury charter yachts in New Zealand.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...