Sailing Yacht VISIONE Wins the 2015 St Barths Bucket Regatta
Four classes of yachts took part in the regatta - including Gazelles, Elegantes, Mademoiselles and Grande Dames - with medium winds experienced by the 35 participants testing their sailing skills around a "wrong way around" course by taking a clockwise tour of St. Barthelemy.
This year's St. Barth's Bucket saw 38m Perini Navi charter yacht P2 and runner-up 33m Vitters yacht INOUI provide stiff competition for Baltic Yachts build VISIONE, who has competed in six Buckets since making her debut at the event 11 years ago.
Commenting on the final day of racing, VISIONE's tactician, Jens Christiansen, commented that "The 10-11 knot winds suited us well. We were sailing very fast on the long beat, going farther out because we are that much faster than anybody else and staying clear of other boats in other classes so as not to get entangled in them tacking on each other."
Built before many of the other participants in the regatta in 2002, she continued "We are the fastest, and we always start last. With the old rating, however, we always had to sail more than a perfect race to be able to win. We've been close by finishing second overall once or twice, but never winning. Now with the new rating system (captured within the new ORCsy rule), we can win."
The event came to a close with a laid-back prize-giving ceremony, where S/Y Visione accepted her award for first place in the Gazelles class, 52m Pendennis S/Y Adela and 52m Royal Huisman S/Y Elfje picked up joint first prize in the Elegantes class, 30m Southern Wind S/Y 'Cape Arrow' (charted for the event) took the Mademoiselles class and 37m Palmer Johnson S/Y Axia won in the Grand Dames. The Visione team also celebrated taking overall honours by winning the prestigious 'Bucket.'
The Visione team celebrated taking overall honours by winning the prestigious 'Bucket.'
CHARTER YACHT PARTICIPANTS IN THE 2015 ST. BARTH'S BUCKET REGATTA
Seahawk Yacht For Charter
59m Perini Navi, 2013
Rosehearty Yacht For Charter
56m Perini Navi, 2006
Marie Yacht For Charter
55m Vitters, 2010
Meteor Yacht For Charter
52m Royal Huisman, 2007
Prana Yacht For Charter
52m Alloy Yachts, 2006
Ganesha Yacht For Charter
46m Vitters, 2013
Rainbow Yacht For Charter
40m Holland Jachtbouw, 2012
S.Y STATE OF GRACE Yacht For Charter
39m Perini Navi, 2013
P2 Yacht For Charter
38m Perini Navi, 2008
Moonbird Yacht For Charter
37m Fitzroy, 2003 / 2013
- M/Y HARMONYA Now Available For CharterOriginally built by the Benetti Sail Division in 2005 and refit to an incredibly high standard in 2010, the 29m/94ft mo...
- S/Y ALEXA Opens for Charters for Two in IndonesiaThe 31m/102ft sailing yacht ALEXA is a one-cabin phinisi offering romantic adventures for two in the magnificent archip...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- M/Y SERENITY Joins the Global Charter FleetThe 41m/133ft superyacht SERENITY is now available for charter in the Bahamas and Caribbean following her launch from C...
- Feadship M/Y AQUARIUS Opens for CharterFollowing her sensational launch last September, the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship has now become availa...