Running from 10th to 12th December, the Kata Rocks Superyacht Rendezvous got the South East Asia yachting season off to a fantastic start, showcasing some of the finest superyachts chartering in the spectacular region this winter.
By far the largest yacht attending the show was the 90m/295ft superyacht ‘Lauren L’. Launched in 2002 as a cruise ship, she was transformed in 2008 and, today, is one of the largest offerings on the charter market with 20 beautifully furnished staterooms.
She is packed full of amenities, including alfresco dining for 48 guests, spa and beauty facilities such as a sauna, steam room and treatment room, fully-equipped gymnasium, conference room and a multitude of expansive deck areas primed for both socialising and relaxation.
Joining Lauren L was the 61m/197ft superyacht PARAFFIN from Feadship, impressing all those who stepped aboard with her innovative features such as a sundeck spa pool that converts into an oversized dining table for up to 20 guests.
One of the highlights of the show, however, was the 51m/167ft luxury phinisi ‘Dunia Baru’, constructed in 2014 by the native Konjo Boat Builders to recreate the lines of a traditional Indonesian vessel with state-of-the-art systems and amenities.
Opening the rendezvous by hosting an exclusive on-board reception, she will be heading to Myanmar later in December for the winter charter season where she guarantees guests a truly authentic cruising experience.
Opening the rendezvous by hosting an exclusive on-board reception, Dunia Baru will be heading to Myanmar later in December
Also wowing show attendees was the 51m/167ft expedition yacht ‘Northern Sun’. Another conversion build, the superyacht is based year-round in Phuket’s Yacht Haven Marina and provides charter adventures across the region.
As well as the display of charter yachts, the rendezvous also featured a chance to try complimentary activities at Kata Rocks, presentations from industry professionals, a Feadship Owner’s dinner, sunset cocktails and a cruise day.
The show concluded last night with a Kata Rocks Charter Season Opening Party, hosted at the Kata Rocks Bar & Restaurant and featuring a live band, DJ, food, and the opportunity to socialise with industry professionals and fellow show attendees.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...