Running from 10th to 12th December, the Kata Rocks Superyacht Rendezvous got the South East Asia yachting season off to a fantastic start, showcasing some of the finest superyachts chartering in the spectacular region this winter.
By far the largest yacht attending the show was the 90m/295ft superyacht ‘Lauren L’. Launched in 2002 as a cruise ship, she was transformed in 2008 and, today, is one of the largest offerings on the charter market with 20 beautifully furnished staterooms.
She is packed full of amenities, including alfresco dining for 48 guests, spa and beauty facilities such as a sauna, steam room and treatment room, fully-equipped gymnasium, conference room and a multitude of expansive deck areas primed for both socialising and relaxation.
Joining Lauren L was the 61m/197ft superyacht PARAFFIN from Feadship, impressing all those who stepped aboard with her innovative features such as a sundeck spa pool that converts into an oversized dining table for up to 20 guests.
One of the highlights of the show, however, was the 51m/167ft luxury phinisi ‘Dunia Baru’, constructed in 2014 by the native Konjo Boat Builders to recreate the lines of a traditional Indonesian vessel with state-of-the-art systems and amenities.
Opening the rendezvous by hosting an exclusive on-board reception, she will be heading to Myanmar later in December for the winter charter season where she guarantees guests a truly authentic cruising experience.
Opening the rendezvous by hosting an exclusive on-board reception, Dunia Baru will be heading to Myanmar later in December
Also wowing show attendees was the 51m/167ft expedition yacht ‘Northern Sun’. Another conversion build, the superyacht is based year-round in Phuket’s Yacht Haven Marina and provides charter adventures across the region.
As well as the display of charter yachts, the rendezvous also featured a chance to try complimentary activities at Kata Rocks, presentations from industry professionals, a Feadship Owner’s dinner, sunset cocktails and a cruise day.
The show concluded last night with a Kata Rocks Charter Season Opening Party, hosted at the Kata Rocks Bar & Restaurant and featuring a live band, DJ, food, and the opportunity to socialise with industry professionals and fellow show attendees.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.