Billed as ‘the ultimate event of the Greek yachting industry’, the East Med Yacht Show ran in Marina Zeas from 3 to 6 May, attracting a dazzling fleet of charter yachts and over 5,000 visitors.
The well-established event is timed to coincide with the start of the summer cruising season. Enabling brokers to undertake exclusive yacht tours, it ultimately equips charter professionals with the insider knowledge needed to best match their clients with a suitable yacht.
There was a strong turnout of motor yachts at this year’s edition. Leading the way in terms of length was the 72m/236ft luxury yacht SERENITY. One of the most impressive traits of the Austal build is the capacity to sleep up to 28 guests and, as such, she is superbly suited for hosting events and corporate charters.
Another top yacht on display was the 53m/172ft charter yacht O’NEIRO from Golden Yachts. Meaning ‘dream’ in Greek, she is packed full of amenities, including a drop-down cinema screen for movie nights at sea, a sundeck Jacuzzi and BBQ, and luxurious living spaces inside and out.
A number of luxury gulets and sailing yachts were also on the line-up. Psaros Shipyard, for example, was represented by the 29m/94ft charter yacht APHRODITE, the 24m/79ft charter yacht ASTARTE and the 24m/79ft charter yacht CAROLIAN.
Billed as ‘the ultimate event of the Greek yachting industry’, the East Med Yacht Show attracted a dazzling fleet of charter yachts
On the other end of the size scale was the 41m/135ft classic yacht ‘Sir Winston Churchill’. Originally launched by Dunston Shipyard in 1966 but updated for the modern sailor in 2000, she drew no end of admiring glances thanks to her timeless lines and elegant sails.
Organised by the Hellenic Professional Yacht Owners Association, the East Med Yacht Show also highlighted the importance of yachting and maritime tourism for Greece and provided a platform to foster new collaborations to further the competitiveness of the country.
The show also aimed to contribute to the upgrading of services provided by the industry and to help establish Greece as both a leading tourist and yachting destination.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...