Lurssen has today reported its latest delivery, the 156m/512ft superyacht DILBAR, was 'one of the most complex and challenging yachts that has ever been built, both in terms of dimension and technology.'
The German shipyard has also confirmed that DILBAR, delivered to her Owner just four weeks ago, is the world’s largest yacht in terms of volume, with a huge gross tonnage of 15,917 tons.
There has been much speculation on whether DILBAR would, in fact, take this title after the shipyard’s CEO Peter Lurssen made the claim before her launch in May.
Currently on her maiden voyage in the Mediterranean, luxury yacht DILBAR also provides spaces in the interior which have never been seen on a yacht before, according to the shipyard.
Further information on her interior, however, remains shrouded in much secrecy and many are left guessing at what the celebrated British designer, Andrew Winch, has created.
Dilbar has been a big part of my life. She is truly special, culturally unique and incredibly detailed in so many ways.
Commenting on the yacht, Winch said, “Dilbar has been a big part of my life. She is truly special, culturally unique and incredibly detailed in so many ways. We are sure that her owners will enjoy every space on board.”
Despite her mysterious interior, two other record-breaking features have been unveiled, both of which point to just how much the motor yacht has pushed the boundaries of superyacht design.
She is said to be home to the largest swimming pool to ever be built on a yacht as well as the largest electric diesel-electric power plant ever installed on a yacht, which allows her to cruise at a speed of 22 knots.
What can be observed from recently released photographs is her timeless profile designed by renowned naval architects Espen Oino, her ivory-coloured hull and her bronze finishes.
If you would like to find out more on Lurssen superyachts, get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, compare all yachts similar to DILBAR which are available for charter.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...