A short video documenting the sea trials carried out by the latest superyacht from Wider Yachts looks like the popular amenity could well undergo a revolution.
No longer simply a functional feature, the platform on the transom of the yacht has become home to the beach club- an area which combines stylish comfort with effortless access to the water and tenders.
A charterer’s favourite way of unwinding in the sun, the beach club has grown in size as well as popularity, with innovative design meaning the space is no longer just about swimming when at anchor, but enjoying the same kind of entertainment traditionally reserved for the main salon.
Exciting news, then, that Wider Yachts recently released a series of photographs revealing their highly pioneering beach club which spans over 1,000 square feet- a scale which is unmatched by any other vessel of comparable size.
It would seem that the future of beach clubs on board superyachts will all be down to space, and plenty of it
Making good use of retractable doors to optimise the space in this area, the yacht- referred to as ‘project GENESI’- clearly anticipates guests spending the larger portion of their time outdoors enjoying the heat and a sea breeze.
Perhaps the most striking thing about the video and its accompanying images is just how versatile the space appears to be- one moment it’s the ideal sunbathing spot, and the next it’s a garage for a 32ft tender.
Indeed, those with a sharp eye will notice that there’s a 7m swimming pool situated at the tip of the beach club- a feature which is converted into a tender bay at a moment’s notice.
Whilst awaiting more information regarding superyacht GENESI, why not take a look at other luxury yachts which redefined the design of the beach club:
Delivered from Perini Navi in 2007, the multi-award winning 56m/184ft sailing yacht SELENE features a beach club which includes a nicely hinged swim platform, allowing guests a chance to effortlessly join the water sacrificing any of their sunbathing space.
With a dive compressor and plenty of scuba gear on board, such an arrangement ultimately allows guests to enjoy the water in the most convenient manner.
2. EXCELLENCE V
Rather than clutter the aft deck with various towable toys and tenders, the beach club on board 60m/197ft motor yacht Excellence V is set to one side, allowing for the space to reach its full potential.
Built by the German shipyard Abeking & Rasmussen, the yacht also includes a fully stocked bar in its beach club- a perfect partner for grabbing a cocktail whilst taking in the sun.
3. 'Lady Candy'
Unsurprisingly, Benetti have been responsible for one of the more interesting beach club designs out there. Built in 2013, the 56m/184ft luxury yacht Lady Candy features a shaded lounge on the aft deck which is connected via a stairway to the lower deck.
Appropriately nautical, the colour scheme is nicely accentuated by comfortable furnishings and sizeable port holes for taking in the views.
- The best brand-new superyachts for charter in 2019Be among the first to step on board a brand new superyacht with our round-up of the best recently-delivered yachts avai...
- VIDEO: Feadship transports 93m charter yacht ‘Lady S’ In a recent video, Feadship gives viewers a behind-the-scenes glimpse into how they moved their 93m/ 305ft megayacht ‘L...
- M/Y ‘Christina O’ available to charter at a reduced rate in the MediterraneanExplore Mediterranean hotspots such as the South of France and the Italian Riviera at a reduced rate on board one of th...
- 93m Feadship M/Y ‘Lady S’ joins the charter fleet It was announced this morning that Feadship’s latest masterpiece, the 93m/305ft superyacht ‘Lady S’, will be available ...
- Australia charter special announced on M/Y ‘Infinity Pacific’Enjoy nine days for the price of seven on Whitsundays yacht charters on board the 40m/133ft motor yacht ‘Infinity Pacif...
- 82m superyacht ROMEA available for South of France event chartersThe 82m/268ft motor yacht ROMEA has announced she is still available for Monaco Grand Prix yacht charters and Cannes Fi...