The fourth hull in Heesen's 55 Steel series, Project Castor hit the water for the first time at Heesen's Oss facilities today.
The yard was quick to introduce safety measures at their construction facilities and in their offices amid the Coronavirus crisis, resulting in 'increased flexibility' and 'as little disruption as possible'.
In order to maintain social distancing as recommended by the Dutch government, the yard introduced shift working, resulting in half the normal number of employees working together at any one time.
The yard introduced shift working, resulting in half the normal number of employees working together at any one time.
A representative of the client commented: “We have been beyond impressed with how the Heesen team adapted to the COVID-19 pandemic.”
“They have adjusted their working hours to increase social distancing yet retain optimal man hours on our project and preserve an on-time, high-quality delivery which is no small feat in these challenging times.”
The yacht is set to undertake sea trials in the coming weeks, and delivery is scheduled for August.
Formerly known as YN 19055, Project Castor features 'muscular' exterior styling by Omega Architects' Frank Laupman. Notable features include a 'shark's tooth' motif on the overhang of the wheelhouse.
The motor yacht's interiors come from Bannenberg & Rowell, and this marks the eighth collaboration between the Dutch yard and the British design studio. Key materials in the interior include “signature woods and natural stones” with a “warm colour palette” and plenty of natural light thanks to floor-to-ceiling windows.
Project Castor features a number of variations to the first three 55 metre Steel Class yachts. These include a full-beam sky lounge, a 73 square metre Owner's cabin and larger lower deck suites.
The 760GT Project Castor is the most voluminous 55 metre currently offered by a Northern European shipyard.
According to Heesen, the 760GT Project Castor is the most voluminous 55 metre currently offered by a Northern European shipyard.
She will reach a top speed of 15.5 knots and boast a range of 4,500 nautical miles at a cruising speed of 13 knots.
Her impressive performance is possible thanks to the proven design and engineering platform that sports the progressive FDHF hull by Van Oossanen.
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- Which yacht stars in the TV series 'Succession'?The 279ft (85m) charter yacht SOLANDGE is the yacht in HBO’s Succession. Hitting TV screens in 2019, the season finale ...
- 82m superyacht RoMea to charter in the Maldives this winterVenture to the lesser-explored Maldives this winter and discover a slice of paradise on board the 82m/ 268ft motor yach...
- First look inside brand new charter yacht SOARINGDue to launch later this year from Abeking & Rasmussen, the first renderings of the 68m/ 223ft motor yacht SOARING have...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...