After another outstanding edition of the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show, YachtCharterFleet reflects on all the highlights from the world-class boating event.
Bringing together more than 1,500 boats across seven show locations, FLIBS 2018 was hailed a success by all in attendance and YachtCharterFleet was on the ground to soak up the action, gather exclusive insights and tour some of the finest superyachts on the planet.
Most of the show was accompanied by bright blue skies and matching the sunny weather was the upbeat atmosphere among show-goers. Serious buyers and charterers were in attendance and the general outlook from industry professionals was extremely positive, with many new models and debuts to the Americas on show.
From day one, Abeking & Rasmussen’s brand new 75m/244ft superyacht ELANDESS, shown in the photos above, was wowing show-goers with her dramatic axe-bow, dark hull and low-slung superstructure.
She then continued to impress all those lucky enough to step aboard with her incredibly rich and detailed interior from Harrison Eidsgaard and spectacular communal spaces, which include a Nemo Lounge below the water line and an eight-metre-long swimming pool on the sundeck.
Fellow Abeking & Rasmussen build, the 98m/323ft superyacht AVIVA, was also attracting no end of admiring glances. Her huge volume and eye-catching turquoise hull certainly demand to be seen but she was also berthed alongside Lurssen’s iconic 90m/295ft charter yacht ‘Phoenix 2’ and together the pair was one of the most photographed and memorable sights of the show.
Creating a stir halfway through the show was the arrival of the 85m/279ft superyacht ARETI. Late to proceedings, the Lurssen build was certainly worth the wait as attendees were able to see another world-class superyacht up close and discover what was hidden within her expansive profile.
From day one, the 75m/244ft superyacht ELANDESS was wowing show-goers with her dramatic axe-bow, dark hull and low-slung superstructure
Alongside the fine fleet of yachts were exhibits from the best boat builders on the planet. Top yards showcasing their latest projects included Lurssen, Feadship, Amels and Sunseeker. Likewise, the best brokerage houses from across the globe were busy doing business and making new connections.
Away from the on-water displays, there were a variety of social events and awards. The ISS Design & Leadership Awards kicked proceedings off on 31 October and saw the likes of the 110m/361ft motor yacht JUBILEE and the 40m/164ft charter yacht ‘Endeavour 2’ triumph in their respective size categories.
The following evening saw the launch of FLIBS’s first-ever yacht culinary contest. Chefs from the show’s registered fleet of yachts were tasked with impressing a panel of judges by creating dishes following an elegant beach barbecue theme, and Eric Davis of the 35m/116ft superyacht KIPANY came out on top.
For more details on any charter yachts at FLIBS 2018, talk to your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all superyachts at FLIBS 2018.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...