After another outstanding edition of the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show, YachtCharterFleet reflects on all the highlights from the world-class boating event.
Bringing together more than 1,500 boats across seven show locations, FLIBS 2018 was hailed a success by all in attendance and YachtCharterFleet was on the ground to soak up the action, gather exclusive insights and tour some of the finest superyachts on the planet.
Most of the show was accompanied by bright blue skies and matching the sunny weather was the upbeat atmosphere among show-goers. Serious buyers and charterers were in attendance and the general outlook from industry professionals was extremely positive, with many new models and debuts to the Americas on show.
From day one, Abeking & Rasmussen’s brand new 75m/244ft superyacht ELANDESS, shown in the photos above, was wowing show-goers with her dramatic axe-bow, dark hull and low-slung superstructure.
She then continued to impress all those lucky enough to step aboard with her incredibly rich and detailed interior from Harrison Eidsgaard and spectacular communal spaces, which include a Nemo Lounge below the water line and an eight-metre-long swimming pool on the sundeck.
Fellow Abeking & Rasmussen build, the 98m/323ft superyacht AVIVA, was also attracting no end of admiring glances. Her huge volume and eye-catching turquoise hull certainly demand to be seen but she was also berthed alongside Lurssen’s iconic 90m/295ft charter yacht ‘Phoenix 2’ and together the pair was one of the most photographed and memorable sights of the show.
Creating a stir halfway through the show was the arrival of the 85m/279ft superyacht ARETI. Late to proceedings, the Lurssen build was certainly worth the wait as attendees were able to see another world-class superyacht up close and discover what was hidden within her expansive profile.
From day one, the 75m/244ft superyacht ELANDESS was wowing show-goers with her dramatic axe-bow, dark hull and low-slung superstructure
Alongside the fine fleet of yachts were exhibits from the best boat builders on the planet. Top yards showcasing their latest projects included Lurssen, Feadship, Amels and Sunseeker. Likewise, the best brokerage houses from across the globe were busy doing business and making new connections.
Away from the on-water displays, there were a variety of social events and awards. The ISS Design & Leadership Awards kicked proceedings off on 31 October and saw the likes of the 110m/361ft motor yacht JUBILEE and the 40m/164ft charter yacht ‘Endeavour 2’ triumph in their respective size categories.
The following evening saw the launch of FLIBS’s first-ever yacht culinary contest. Chefs from the show’s registered fleet of yachts were tasked with impressing a panel of judges by creating dishes following an elegant beach barbecue theme, and Eric Davis of the 35m/116ft superyacht KIPANY came out on top.
For more details on any charter yachts at FLIBS 2018, talk to your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all superyachts at FLIBS 2018.
- The best brand-new superyachts for charter in 2019Be among the first to step on board a brand new superyacht with our round-up of the best recently-delivered yachts avai...
- VIDEO: Feadship transports 93m charter yacht ‘Lady S’ In a recent video, Feadship gives viewers a behind-the-scenes glimpse into how they moved their 93m/ 305ft megayacht ‘L...
- M/Y ‘Christina O’ available to charter at a reduced rate in the MediterraneanExplore Mediterranean hotspots such as the South of France and the Italian Riviera at a reduced rate on board one of th...
- 93m Feadship M/Y ‘Lady S’ joins the charter fleet It was announced this morning that Feadship’s latest masterpiece, the 93m/305ft superyacht ‘Lady S’, will be available ...
- Australia charter special announced on M/Y ‘Infinity Pacific’Enjoy nine days for the price of seven on Whitsundays yacht charters on board the 40m/133ft motor yacht ‘Infinity Pacif...
- 82m superyacht ROMEA available for South of France event chartersThe 82m/268ft motor yacht ROMEA has announced she is still available for Monaco Grand Prix yacht charters and Cannes Fi...