Known as Project 6505, the 80m/262ft superyacht EXCELLENCE VI has been unveiled by Abeking and Rasmussen.
The mammoth megayacht EXCELLENCE was rolled out of her shed at Abeking & Rasmussen’s yard in Germany this morning, giving on-lookers a glimpse at her inverted bow and Winch Design exteriors.
The yacht, which was known as Project Infinity and Project 6505 during her build, was commissioned by an experienced owner. Delivery is expected in time for the summer season.
Both the interior and exterior styling of EXCELLENCE comes courtesy of Winch Design, who have described her as ‘iconic and futuristic’.
The London-based studio has drawn parallels between the yacht’s sharp profile and a spaceship, saying, “the [...] owner's brief was that his latest yacht was to be ‘extraordinary’ and create a seamless feeling of openness and connection to the outside world.”
They added, “with her striking bow and her visionary, industry disruption layout, Excellence brings forward a new era for superyacht design.”
The experienced owner's brief was that his latest yacht was to be ‘extraordinary’ and create a seamless feeling of openness and connection to the outside world.
Photos of the yacht show she will have at least two pools, one on the sundeck and a second on the aft deck. It is likely her foredeck will play host to an innovatively-designed tender garage and a helipad, as per her original renderings.
No photos of the motor yacht’s interiors have been released at the time of writing, but it is evident that Winch Design has used plenty of glazing to create a head-turning silhouette and allow plenty of light into her social areas.
The yacht has been built on the same technical platform as the shipyard’s 2014 launch KIBO, since renamed superyacht GRACE, with a 12.6 metre beam and a maximum draught of 3.45 metres.
Upon delivery, EXCELLENCE will be the fifth largest yacht in the Abeking & Rasmussen fleet and the first yacht to be delivered by the yard in 2019.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed