Known as Project 6505, the 80m/262ft superyacht EXCELLENCE VI has been unveiled by Abeking and Rasmussen.
The mammoth megayacht EXCELLENCE was rolled out of her shed at Abeking & Rasmussen’s yard in Germany this morning, giving on-lookers a glimpse at her inverted bow and Winch Design exteriors.
The yacht, which was known as Project Infinity and Project 6505 during her build, was commissioned by an experienced owner. Delivery is expected in time for the summer season.
Both the interior and exterior styling of EXCELLENCE comes courtesy of Winch Design, who have described her as ‘iconic and futuristic’.
The London-based studio has drawn parallels between the yacht’s sharp profile and a spaceship, saying, “the [...] owner's brief was that his latest yacht was to be ‘extraordinary’ and create a seamless feeling of openness and connection to the outside world.”
They added, “with her striking bow and her visionary, industry disruption layout, Excellence brings forward a new era for superyacht design.”
The experienced owner's brief was that his latest yacht was to be ‘extraordinary’ and create a seamless feeling of openness and connection to the outside world.
Photos of the yacht show she will have at least two pools, one on the sundeck and a second on the aft deck. It is likely her foredeck will play host to an innovatively-designed tender garage and a helipad, as per her original renderings.
No photos of the motor yacht’s interiors have been released at the time of writing, but it is evident that Winch Design has used plenty of glazing to create a head-turning silhouette and allow plenty of light into her social areas.
The yacht has been built on the same technical platform as the shipyard’s 2014 launch KIBO, since renamed superyacht GRACE, with a 12.6 metre beam and a maximum draught of 3.45 metres.
Upon delivery, EXCELLENCE will be the fifth largest yacht in the Abeking & Rasmussen fleet and the first yacht to be delivered by the yard in 2019.
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.