Feadship launched its first ever ice-class yacht, the 51m/167ft Feadship 701, at its facilities in Aalsmeer, the Netherlands, earlier today with video footage revealing the moment it first hit the water.
The Dutch shipyard is yet to reveal the name of the new project, but it is known to be hull 701 and De Voogt Naval Architects are confirmed to be behind the naval architecture and styling.
By watching the film clip, you can take in her plumb bow, which is befitting of her ice-class status, and her sharp exterior lines are balanced out by soft curves for a rugged yet luxurious explorer-style look.
The exact classification of her ice-breaking capabilities also remains a secret, but it is expected that she will be able to cruise in some of the world’s remotest oceans, such as Antarctica and the Arctic.
The yacht's sharp exterior lines are balanced out by soft curves for a rugged yet luxurious explorer-style look
She should also be able to cruise for long periods of time without refuelling. Her range is expected to be 4,500 nautical miles at 10 knots and her fuel capacity measures nearly 24,000 gallons. Her top speed, meanwhile, should be 14.5 knots.
Other confirmed information include the measurements of her draft, which come in at 3.35m/11ft and 10.8m/35ft respectively, and that Bannenberg & Rowell Design have headed up the interior styling.
It is not yet known whether Feadship 701 will be available for charter, but for more details on chartering a Feadship yacht, speak to your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, view all Feadship yachts available for charter.
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- BEST PHOTOS: Monaco Yacht Show 2018YachtCharterFleet has handpicked the best photos from more than 6,000 Instagram posts to help you get straight to the h...
- First look inside brand new 85m M/Y O’PTASIABrand new and available to charter in Greece, the 85m/279ft motor yacht O’PTASIA has released some fresh images of the ...
- Feadship M/Y JOY now available for Caribbean yacht charterMaking her Caribbean debut, the magnificent 70m/230ft motor yacht JOY is now open to enquiries for luxury yacht charter...