Finalists for 2015 World Superyacht Awards Announced
The finalists for the 2015 World Superyacht Awards have been announced; with a variety of impressive charter yachts in the running take home a much-coveted award in their category.
The tenth edition of the World Superyacht Awards promises to be as thrilling as ever, with an impressive crop of newly-built superyachts hoping to take home prestigious Neptune trophy, which has become synonymous with the highest excellence in yachting.
In total there are five awards acknowledging displacement motor yachts, four award categories judging lighter semi-displacement motor yachts (which feature ‘planing mode’), two awards to award merit to the finest sailing yachts, one award for the best-judged refit and a further two awards for the most impressive motor and sailing yacht delivered in the past 12 months. The winners are selected by an expert panel of yacht owners and stakeholders.
Noteworthy 95m Lurssen superyacht KISMET is the only charter yacht recognised the category of ‘Displacement Motor Yachts of 1,300GT to 2,999GT – 75m and Above.’ In the category below, for yachts below the 74.99m mark, 51m Oceanco-build superyacht 'Lazy Z' and 73m Perini Navi yacht 'Grace E' will compete for the famous Neptune statuette. In the category for ‘Displacement Motor Yachts of 500GT to 1,299GT,’ both 55m Amels superyacht ASTRA and 58m Benetti ‘Illusion V’ stake a claim for an award. In the selection of displacement motor yachts below 500GT and measuring above 43m, charter yacht ENTOURAGE is joined by 55m schooner ELENA.
Of the sailing yachts for charter nominated for a World Superyacht Award in the categories of ‘30m to 44.99m’ and ‘45m or above,’ particularly notable nominations include recent addition to the charter fleet, 45m Holland Jachtbouw yacht HEUREKA, alongside 56m superyacht 'Mondango 3.'
Charter yachts are the most dominant in the category acknowledging the best refitted, rebuilt or converted yachts, with the recently rebuilt motor yacht 'My Seanna' in the running alongside 55m Proteksan Turquoise yacht TURQUOISE , 64m classic yacht SHEMARA, 38m Heesen-build AlumerciA, 56m Benetti GALAXY - taking six out of seven of the nominations.
All winners will be announced at the awards ceremony in Amsterdam on 9 May 2015. Check back for all the latest news and updates on the awards. To find out more about chartering one of the superyachts nominated at the World Superyacht Awards, contact your preferred yacht broker for more details.
...the awards promise to be as thrilling as ever, with an impressive crop of newly-built superyachts hoping to take home prestigious Neptune trophy...
More Yacht Information
Kismet Yacht For Charter
95m Lurssen, 2014
Illusion V Yacht For Charter
58m Benetti, 2014
My Seanna Yacht For Charter
56m Delta Marine, 2001 / 2014
Turquoise Yacht For Charter
55m Turquoise, 2011 / 2014
Heureka Yacht For Charter
45m Holland Jachtbouw, 2014
AlumerciA Yacht For Charter
38m Heesen, 2001 / 2014
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y PIONEER Offers Two Free Days of CharterOffering guests 9 days charter for the price of 7, the 46m/151ft expedition yacht PIONEER is perfect for exploring the ...
- M/Y ELYSIAN Open For Charter In The CaribbeanFollowing her appearance at the Antigua Charter Yacht Show in December, the 60m/197ft motor yacht ELYSIAN is now availa...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- Greece Maintains Status as a Superyacht Hotspot With a new year now underway, it’s possible to see how Greece continued to maintain its position as one of the prime ya...
- M/Y AXIOMA Drops Rate By €255,000 For WinterOffering a considerable reduction on select dates this spring and autumn, the 72m/236ft motor yacht AXIOMA presents a d...