Yesterday, the world's first hybrid superyacht, 83.5/274ft superyacht SAVANNAH left Amsterdam to travel to Bergen in Norway, where she will be delivered to her owner.
Launched on 25 January and originally known as 'project 686,' the innovative SAVANNAH was designed to be as environmentally friendly as possible under the request of her owner.
Her unique technology features a single diesel engine, three gensets, one large propeller (40% larger than the norm), batteries and an electro-mechanical propulsion, which all work to reduce her fuel usage by 30% in comparison to similar sized vessels, as well as reduce vibrations.
The owner’s project manager Ted McCumber has previously commented on the landmark of SAVANNAH, saying “It is not the individual technologies used on Savannah that are new in the yachting world – it is the way they have been combined, Feadship has leveraged on all the options available in the marine industry today to bring this hugely innovative system to completion.”
Distinctive by her streamlined, 'Sea Foam’ metallic green hull, she combines outdoor and indoor spaces to offer one large main deck area for relaxation or entertaining, lined by weather-tight windows. A 9-metre swimming pool and ‘underwater lounge' area convertible into a movie theatre is just one of the state-of-the-art amenities charter guests can enjoy on board motor yacht SAVANNAH.
She will comfortably accommodate as many as 12 in six staterooms, in a layout consisting of a master suite, a VIP stateroom and four other guest cabins. She will travel with a sizeable crew of 26 to ensure guests experience the utmost luxury on a vacation.
M/Y SAVANNAH will be available to charter to a select clientele, for more information please contact your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, compare all Feadship superyachts available for charter across the globe.
Photo: Peter Beentjes
reduce her fuel usage by 30% in comparison to similarly sized vessels
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...