Yesterday, the world's first hybrid superyacht, 83.5/274ft superyacht SAVANNAH left Amsterdam to travel to Bergen in Norway, where she will be delivered to her owner.
Launched on 25 January and originally known as 'project 686,' the innovative SAVANNAH was designed to be as environmentally friendly as possible under the request of her owner.
Her unique technology features a single diesel engine, three gensets, one large propeller (40% larger than the norm), batteries and an electro-mechanical propulsion, which all work to reduce her fuel usage by 30% in comparison to similar sized vessels, as well as reduce vibrations.
The owner’s project manager Ted McCumber has previously commented on the landmark of SAVANNAH, saying “It is not the individual technologies used on Savannah that are new in the yachting world – it is the way they have been combined, Feadship has leveraged on all the options available in the marine industry today to bring this hugely innovative system to completion.”
Distinctive by her streamlined, 'Sea Foam’ metallic green hull, she combines outdoor and indoor spaces to offer one large main deck area for relaxation or entertaining, lined by weather-tight windows. A 9-metre swimming pool and ‘underwater lounge' area convertible into a movie theatre is just one of the state-of-the-art amenities charter guests can enjoy on board motor yacht SAVANNAH.
She will comfortably accommodate as many as 12 in six staterooms, in a layout consisting of a master suite, a VIP stateroom and four other guest cabins. She will travel with a sizeable crew of 26 to ensure guests experience the utmost luxury on a vacation.
M/Y SAVANNAH will be available to charter to a select clientele, for more information please contact your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, compare all Feadship superyachts available for charter across the globe.
Photo: Peter Beentjes
reduce her fuel usage by 30% in comparison to similarly sized vessels
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charter in MayAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new charter yacht O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...