Yesterday, the world's first hybrid superyacht, 83.5/274ft superyacht SAVANNAH left Amsterdam to travel to Bergen in Norway, where she will be delivered to her owner.
Launched on 25 January and originally known as 'project 686,' the innovative SAVANNAH was designed to be as environmentally friendly as possible under the request of her owner.
Her unique technology features a single diesel engine, three gensets, one large propeller (40% larger than the norm), batteries and an electro-mechanical propulsion, which all work to reduce her fuel usage by 30% in comparison to similar sized vessels, as well as reduce vibrations.
The owner’s project manager Ted McCumber has previously commented on the landmark of SAVANNAH, saying “It is not the individual technologies used on Savannah that are new in the yachting world – it is the way they have been combined, Feadship has leveraged on all the options available in the marine industry today to bring this hugely innovative system to completion.”
Distinctive by her streamlined, 'Sea Foam’ metallic green hull, she combines outdoor and indoor spaces to offer one large main deck area for relaxation or entertaining, lined by weather-tight windows. A 9-metre swimming pool and ‘underwater lounge' area convertible into a movie theatre is just one of the state-of-the-art amenities charter guests can enjoy on board motor yacht SAVANNAH.
She will comfortably accommodate as many as 12 in six staterooms, in a layout consisting of a master suite, a VIP stateroom and four other guest cabins. She will travel with a sizeable crew of 26 to ensure guests experience the utmost luxury on a vacation.
M/Y SAVANNAH will be available to charter to a select clientele, for more information please contact your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, compare all Feadship superyachts available for charter across the globe.
Photo: Peter Beentjes
reduce her fuel usage by 30% in comparison to similarly sized vessels
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.