Launched by Feadship in June 2016, JOY has been one of the most exciting additions to the charter market in recent years and, this winter, she will begin her first ever charter season in the Caribbean.
But before the winter cruising season gets underway, the yacht is set to attend the industry-only event in Antigua. Here yachting professionals will be invited on board for viewings and to meet the captain and crew in order to report back with first-hand knowledge to their charter clients.
With radical exterior styling from Bannenberg & Rowell, she is sure to impress lined up in Falmouth Harbour Marina and show-goers who step aboard will continue to be wowed thanks to her expansive deck areas and stunning interior styling from London-based design firm Studio Indigo.
The boundaries between the deck areas and interior, in fact, are constantly blurred as this is a motor yacht designed for those who value the outdoors. The use of extensive glazing helps fulfil this focus as it keeps guests constantly connected to their cruising grounds on a yacht charter.
Some areas where the use of glass stands out include the glass-enclosed gym on the bridge deck and the ‘winter gardens’ on both the main and upper decks aft, which are fitted with removable glass panels.
Among the other key deck spaces are a large foredeck terrace where basketball or badminton can be played, a sundeck with an inviting pool and a luxe beach club with a huge video wall.
Although luxury yacht JOY priorities al fresco living, her interior still serves as a tranquil retreat for charterers. Around 250 different finishes have been utilised to create a contemporary but classic look with each space exuding its own distinct feel to suit both large-scale entertainment and smaller family gatherings.
Up to 12 guests can sleep on board in eight cabins, including a master suite with 270-degree views, two VIP cabins on the upper deck, three main deck double cabins and two twin cabins on the lower deck.
The Antigua Charter Yacht Show takes place from 4 to 10 December across the three show locations of Antigua Yacht Club Marina, Falmouth Harbour Marina and Nelson’s Dockyard Marina.
For further information on M/Y JOY, speak to your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, view all superyachts at the Antigua Charter Yacht Show 2018.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.