Launched by Feadship in June 2016, JOY has been one of the most exciting additions to the charter market in recent years and, this winter, she will begin her first ever charter season in the Caribbean.
But before the winter cruising season gets underway, the yacht is set to attend the industry-only event in Antigua. Here yachting professionals will be invited on board for viewings and to meet the captain and crew in order to report back with first-hand knowledge to their charter clients.
With radical exterior styling from Bannenberg & Rowell, she is sure to impress lined up in Falmouth Harbour Marina and show-goers who step aboard will continue to be wowed thanks to her expansive deck areas and stunning interior styling from London-based design firm Studio Indigo.
The boundaries between the deck areas and interior, in fact, are constantly blurred as this is a motor yacht designed for those who value the outdoors. The use of extensive glazing helps fulfil this focus as it keeps guests constantly connected to their cruising grounds on a yacht charter.
Some areas where the use of glass stands out include the glass-enclosed gym on the bridge deck and the ‘winter gardens’ on both the main and upper decks aft, which are fitted with removable glass panels.
Among the other key deck spaces are a large foredeck terrace where basketball or badminton can be played, a sundeck with an inviting pool and a luxe beach club with a huge video wall.
Although luxury yacht JOY priorities al fresco living, her interior still serves as a tranquil retreat for charterers. Around 250 different finishes have been utilised to create a contemporary but classic look with each space exuding its own distinct feel to suit both large-scale entertainment and smaller family gatherings.
Up to 12 guests can sleep on board in eight cabins, including a master suite with 270-degree views, two VIP cabins on the upper deck, three main deck double cabins and two twin cabins on the lower deck.
The Antigua Charter Yacht Show takes place from 4 to 10 December across the three show locations of Antigua Yacht Club Marina, Falmouth Harbour Marina and Nelson’s Dockyard Marina.
For further information on M/Y JOY, speak to your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, view all superyachts at the Antigua Charter Yacht Show 2018.
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.