Feadship M/Y SAVANNAH Launched and Offered for Occasional Charters
Sunday 25th January 2015 saw the launch of the 83.5m/274ft motor yacht SAVANNAH (project 686) – the world’s first hybrid superyacht – launched from the De Vries Feadship shipyard in the Netherlands.
This innovative build is a fantastic start to the year for the team at Feadship who continue to represent intelligent, forward-thinking motor yacht design while retaining their traditional pedigree. Custom-built M/Y SAVANNAH is the first ever superyacht to feature an eco-friendly blend of single diesel engine, three gensets, batteries, propeller, azimuting thruster and a streamlined hull shape and ensures fuel economies of thirty per cent.
In addition, the design of the aft ship allows for a propeller that is forty per cent larger than the norm. Combined with the power supplied by the thruster, the load on the propeller is only half that of a conventional twin screw yacht. This again results in a higher efficiency and fewer vibrations while the large sternthruster allows for excellent manoeuvrability in marinas.
The Owner’s project manager Ted McCumber commented: “It is not the individual technologies used on Savannah that are new in the yachting world – it is the way they have been combined, Feadship has leveraged on all the options available in the marine industry today to bring this hugely innovative system to completion.”
...Feadship has leveraged on all the options available in the marine industry today to bring this hugely innovative system to completion.Ted McCumber , Owner's Representative
M/Y SAVANNAH’s exterior design was created by CG Design in collaboration with the Feadship design team and includes glass and composite panels that appear to float thanks to complex visual trickery. Her hull has been finished in a ‘Sea Foam’ metallic green, the first superyacht to be entirely metallic painted. Another unique aspect of her design is the way the main deck indoor and outdoor living areas have been combined into one large space enclosed by weather-tight sliding doors. With the sides of the main lounge open, the entire space from the swimming pool to the salon serves as a comprehensive al fresco experience zone.
State-of-the-art facilities on board include an ‘underwater lounge’ which plays host to a nine metre swimming pool and can be converted into a luxurious movie theatre. Her accommodation comprises of an Owner’s suite, VIP stateroom and four generous guest staterooms as well as quarters for 26 her 26 crew.
FEADSHIP-BUILT SUPERYACHTS AVAILABLE FOR CHARTER:
Savannah Yacht For Charter
84m Feadship, 2015
Air Yacht For Charter
81m Feadship, 2011 / 2017
Utopia Yacht For Charter
72m Feadship, 2004 / 2013
Lady Britt Yacht For Charter
63m Feadship, 2011
Blue Moon Yacht For Charter
60m Feadship, 2005
Paraffin Yacht For Charter
60m Feadship, 2001 / 2010
Illusion Yacht For Charter
55m Feadship, 1983 / 2010
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y PIONEER Offers Two Free Days of CharterOffering guests 9 days charter for the price of 7, the 46m/151ft expedition yacht PIONEER is perfect for exploring the ...
- M/Y ELYSIAN Open For Charter In The CaribbeanFollowing her appearance at the Antigua Charter Yacht Show in December, the 60m/197ft motor yacht ELYSIAN is now availa...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- Greece Maintains Status as a Superyacht Hotspot With a new year now underway, it’s possible to see how Greece continued to maintain its position as one of the prime ya...
- M/Y AXIOMA Drops Rate By €255,000 For WinterOffering a considerable reduction on select dates this spring and autumn, the 72m/236ft motor yacht AXIOMA presents a d...