First hitting the waters in August, expedition vessel REV is now en route to Norway to begin an eight-month outfitting process.
When completed, the motor yacht will be used primarily as a platform for conducting oceanographic research and analysis expeditions across the globe.
She was being built at VARD's facilities in Romania. After travelling to the shipbuilder's Norwegian facilities, she will return to Romania for fairing, deck laying and the finalisation of accommodation areas.
Above photo credit: Guillaume Plisson
The expedition yacht is due for completion in 2020.
Upon delivery, she will become the world's largest yacht, knocking the 180.65m (592ft) superyacht AZZAM from top spot.
REV is available for private yacht charters in some of the most remote regions on earth, and is equipped with complete autonomy at sea for up to 114 days.
She has been commissioned by Norwegian ocean research company Roselinis Four-10. The company is owned by Norwegian billionaire and businessman Kjell Inge Roekke.
REV sports exteriors from world-renowned superyacht designer Espen Oeino, and her interiors have been headed up by H2 Yacht Design.
She features an incredible selection of cutting-edge amenities, including on-board laboratories, state-of-the-art submersibles and a 36-person auditorium.
REV is available for private yacht charters in some of the most remote regions on earth.
She will also have a 7.7m x 5m opening in her hull, known as a Moonpool, from which submersibles can be easily lowered and maneuvered.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed