The technical launch of Lürssen's latest superyacht Project Opera has taken place at the Blohm & Voss shipyard in Hamburg this morning. Due for delivery next year, she is believed to be a replacement for the 146m motor yacht SASSI, which was unfortunately destroyed in a fire at Lürssen's German shipyard in 2018. She's been moved to a floating dock before departing to Bremen shortly where she will begin outfitting and prepare for sea trials.
As typical of Lürssen projects (such as motor yacht NORD), superyacht Project Opera's build was shrouded in secrecy and completed in record time too: given that she is reportedly the exact same staggering length as luxury yacht SASSI.
According to our exclusive images of Project Opera at the Hamburg shipyard, she appears to be a direct replacement of the destroyed vessel, with similar porthole window designs. We can see she has generous outdoor spaces, including a Jacuzzi on the sundeck and a large swimming pool on the main deck aft. The photos also reveal she has an ample beach club, swimming platform and tender garages.
Photo credits: Steffen Mayer https://superyachtblog.de/
As one would expect of a superyacht of this size and calibre, Project Opera will almost certainly have the finest facilities for her owner and guests to enjoy. In terms of convenience and the least intrusion possible, this will likely include an elevator, a separate crew passageway and an owner's study. For the ultimate indulgence, a variety of pampering facilities such as a sauna, spa, massage room and hammam are also anticipated to be featured, providing guests with their own reinvigorating private paradise. Other probable amenities include a cinema and a gym.
As for her expected exterior features, she will likely have 2 helipads, including one on the bow — which has become the new standard for superyachts over 100m.
It is believed that Project Opera will be a private yacht and will not become available for superyacht charters once delivered.
If you are interested in taking a Lurssen megayacht for your next charter vacation you can view and compare all Lurssen charter yachts.
To find out more about chartering a Lürssen superyacht, please consult your chosen yacht charter broker.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed