During his visit to the pavilion of Customs and Free Zone Corporation in Dubai last week, the director of Mina Rashid DP World announced plans for a new marina which will accommodate all kinds of luxury yachts.
Expected to be open by 2018, the ‘Port Rashid Marina’ is designed to hold over 400 motor yachts and sailing yachts, providing a convenient berthing option for private owners and those on a luxury charter vacation.
Fresh on the heels of the Dubai Boat Show 2016, the news will no doubt be well received by those interested in the advantages of chartering such a modern and rapidly developing destination.
Accommodating yachts of all varieties, the project is set to offer space for vessels ranging from small tenders to superyachts exceeding 100m.
With the emergence of new marinas and yacht shows, Dubai continues to establish itself as a leading superyacht hub
With growing demand for superyachts in Dubai producing a consequent need for space to berth them, Fabmar Middle East, a consultancy firm operating in the area, originally suggested the idea of a new Marina.
Indeed, the growing popularity of the Dubai Boat Show and interest in up and coming charter destinations all but insists on there being a greater amount of available berthing options.
Whilst revealing the finer details of the project, the director explained how the luxury market was responsible for diversifying the economy of the United Arab Emirates.
Along with high-end hotels and modern resorts, he explained how the Marina will form an integral part of the holiday and tourism industry going forward.
As more details surrounding the project become known, YachtCharterFleet will be sure to keep readers informed.
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- BEST PHOTOS: Monaco Yacht Show 2018YachtCharterFleet has handpicked the best photos from more than 6,000 Instagram posts to help you get straight to the h...
- First look inside brand new 85m M/Y O’PTASIABrand new and available to charter in Greece, the 85m/279ft motor yacht O’PTASIA has released some fresh images of the ...
- Feadship M/Y JOY now available for Caribbean yacht charterMaking her Caribbean debut, the magnificent 70m/230ft motor yacht JOY is now open to enquiries for luxury yacht charter...