During his visit to the pavilion of Customs and Free Zone Corporation in Dubai last week, the director of Mina Rashid DP World announced plans for a new marina which will accommodate all kinds of luxury yachts.
Expected to be open by 2018, the ‘Port Rashid Marina’ is designed to hold over 400 motor yachts and sailing yachts, providing a convenient berthing option for private owners and those on a luxury charter vacation.
Fresh on the heels of the Dubai Boat Show 2016, the news will no doubt be well received by those interested in the advantages of chartering such a modern and rapidly developing destination.
Accommodating yachts of all varieties, the project is set to offer space for vessels ranging from small tenders to superyachts exceeding 100m.
With the emergence of new marinas and yacht shows, Dubai continues to establish itself as a leading superyacht hub
With growing demand for superyachts in Dubai producing a consequent need for space to berth them, Fabmar Middle East, a consultancy firm operating in the area, originally suggested the idea of a new Marina.
Indeed, the growing popularity of the Dubai Boat Show and interest in up and coming charter destinations all but insists on there being a greater amount of available berthing options.
Whilst revealing the finer details of the project, the director explained how the luxury market was responsible for diversifying the economy of the United Arab Emirates.
Along with high-end hotels and modern resorts, he explained how the Marina will form an integral part of the holiday and tourism industry going forward.
As more details surrounding the project become known, YachtCharterFleet will be sure to keep readers informed.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Blue Planet TV series superyacht ALUCIA now available to charterCausing a sensation when she appeared on the second season of the hit BBC series Blue Planet in winter, the 56m/183ft e...
- Inside Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 M/Y ‘Talisman Maiton’Premiering on Bravo TV on 15th May, Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 will see Captain Sandy Yawn and a cast of familia...