Grey skies and wet weather greeted attendees at day one of the Cannes Yachting Festival 2019, which kicked off this morning between Vieux Port and Port Pierre Canto.
As ever, YachtCharterFleet is on the ground to bring you live reporting from the boat show.
In spite of the inclement weather, plenty of show-goers took to the boardwalks today, seizing the opportunity to tour the yachts amongst thinner crowds and less waiting time.
Running until Sunday 15 September, the Cannes Yachting Festival is expected to enjoy better weather over the coming days.
Around 700 vessels are on the lineup for the Cannes Yachting Festival this year, with a superb variety of shiny superyachts, sleek pleasure cruisers and smaller RIBs making up the fleet.
91 yachts are expected at the show, with 84 yachts making their global debuts.
There are also a number of sailing yachts being presented at the show, with a brand new area dedicated to sailing vessels unveiled at Port Pierre Canto.
Alongside the yachts, around 600 exhibitors are present at the show. Shipyards are on hand to provide information about their latest projects, while luxury suppliers and marine vendors are also in attendance to present their products and services.
Plenty of show-goers took to the boardwalks today, seizing the opportunity to tour the yachts on display.
Vieux Port is divided into several zones, with each one dedicated to a different size category.
- Quai Max Laubeuf is exhibiting boats between 10-20 metres.
- Quai Saint-Pierre is exhibiting boats up to 25 metres.
- La Pantiero is exhibiting yachts up to 34 metres.
- La Jetee is exhibiting superyachts up to 45 metres.
The Cannes Yachting Festival 2019 is open every day between 10am to 7pm, except Sunday when the event closes at 6pm.
For more information, read our insider's guide to the Cannes Yachting Festival.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.