Grey skies and wet weather greeted attendees at day one of the Cannes Yachting Festival 2019, which kicked off this morning between Vieux Port and Port Pierre Canto.
As ever, YachtCharterFleet is on the ground to bring you live reporting from the boat show.
In spite of the inclement weather, plenty of show-goers took to the boardwalks today, seizing the opportunity to tour the yachts amongst thinner crowds and less waiting time.
Running until Sunday 15 September, the Cannes Yachting Festival is expected to enjoy better weather over the coming days.
Around 700 vessels are on the lineup for the Cannes Yachting Festival this year, with a superb variety of shiny superyachts, sleek pleasure cruisers and smaller RIBs making up the fleet.
91 yachts are expected at the show, with 84 yachts making their global debuts.
There are also a number of sailing yachts being presented at the show, with a brand new area dedicated to sailing vessels unveiled at Port Pierre Canto.
Alongside the yachts, around 600 exhibitors are present at the show. Shipyards are on hand to provide information about their latest projects, while luxury suppliers and marine vendors are also in attendance to present their products and services.
Plenty of show-goers took to the boardwalks today, seizing the opportunity to tour the yachts on display.
Vieux Port is divided into several zones, with each one dedicated to a different size category.
- Quai Max Laubeuf is exhibiting boats between 10-20 metres.
- Quai Saint-Pierre is exhibiting boats up to 25 metres.
- La Pantiero is exhibiting yachts up to 34 metres.
- La Jetee is exhibiting superyachts up to 45 metres.
The Cannes Yachting Festival 2019 is open every day between 10am to 7pm, except Sunday when the event closes at 6pm.
For more information, read our insider's guide to the Cannes Yachting Festival.
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.