Show visitors, industry professionals, and captains and crews were once again in high spirits as day two of the Monaco Yacht Show (MYS) got underway yesterday. YachtCharterFleet was on the ground too, keeping up to date with the latest harbour-side happenings.
Expecting around 34,000 participants, the show’s boardwalks and exhibition gangways were bustling with attendees, while the line-up of 125 magnificent superyachts sparkled in the September sunshine.
YachtCharterFleet was invited aboard two newly built sisterships from Overmarine’s Mangusta 165 line. The first, the 50m/164ft motor yacht ‘Black Legend’ (below-left), stands out thanks to her dramatic black hull and superstructure but unfortunately remains for private use only.
On the other hand, the 50m/164ft motor yacht ‘Da Vinci’ joined the charter fleet earlier this summer and boasts a fresh white paintjob to match the fresh, modern and stylish interior styling within. More details will be revealed soon in a full yacht review.
The team also checked out the 55m/181ft support vessel ‘New Frontiers’ (top-right) from Damen. Part of the Sea Axe 55M range, she is making her debut at the show, and boasts special features such as 190-square-foot helipad, ample water toy storage space and a cruising range of 5,000 nautical miles.
New Frontiers’ launch this year followed the delivery of another Damen build, the 69m/227ft support vessel ‘Game Changer’, which has also been turning heads in Port Hercules. It was recently revealed Game Changer is available for charter, thus opening up unprecedented cruising opportunities for private yachting vacations.
YachtCharterFleet also got a closer look at the brand new 60m/197ft sailing yacht SEVEN (above-left), the third in Perini Navi’s series of Blue Water Sailing Yachts. SEVEN is designed to reach peak performance and also be comfortable for bluewater cruising.
One of the most exciting launches of the year so far, the 64m/210ft motor yacht SEASENSE, was also caught on camera (above-right). A Benetti build, she features one of the largest swimming pools ever seen on board a motor yacht as well as a stunning exterior spaces for relaxation and entertaining.
Shipyards and yacht designers use the MYS as a platform to release their latest news and cutting-edge concepts. YachtCharterFleet found out more about German shipyard Kusch Yachts and its Project 2292, a superyacht set to measure 122 metres and offer a speed of 18 knots.
Amels and Damen unveiled the next model in their SeaXplorer range, the 56m SEAXPLORER, and YachtCharterFleet was on hand to find out more. The high-volume yacht will be able to offer real expedition capabilities, including 30 days of autonomous off-the-beaten-track cruising.
Wally Yachts and Nobiskrug also revealed a new 83 metre explorer yacht concept with interiors by Winch Design, and Icon Yachts announced a series of refit projects they will be undertaking following their successful conversion of the 77m/254ft expedition yacht LEGEND, which is on display at the event.
The show’s boardwalks were bustling with attendees, while the line-up of 125 magnificent superyachts sparkled in the September sunshine
As day three gets underway today, YachtCharterFleet will continue to report back on all the action and keep the MYS live photo stream regularly updated.
For more details on any charter yachts attending the MYS 2017, speak to your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, compare all superyachts attending the Monaco Yacht Show 2017.
- The best brand-new superyachts for charter in 2019Be among the first to step on board a brand new superyacht with our round-up of the best recently-delivered yachts avai...
- VIDEO: Feadship transports 93m charter yacht ‘Lady S’ In a recent video, Feadship gives viewers a behind-the-scenes glimpse into how they moved their 93m/ 305ft megayacht ‘L...
- M/Y ‘Christina O’ available to charter at a reduced rate in the MediterraneanExplore Mediterranean hotspots such as the South of France and the Italian Riviera at a reduced rate on board one of th...
- 93m Feadship M/Y ‘Lady S’ joins the charter fleet It was announced this morning that Feadship’s latest masterpiece, the 93m/305ft superyacht ‘Lady S’, will be available ...
- Australia charter special announced on M/Y ‘Infinity Pacific’Enjoy nine days for the price of seven on Whitsundays yacht charters on board the 40m/133ft motor yacht ‘Infinity Pacif...
- 82m superyacht ROMEA available for South of France event chartersThe 82m/268ft motor yacht ROMEA has announced she is still available for Monaco Grand Prix yacht charters and Cannes Fi...