Show visitors, industry professionals, and captains and crews were once again in high spirits as day two of the Monaco Yacht Show (MYS) got underway yesterday. YachtCharterFleet was on the ground too, keeping up to date with the latest harbour-side happenings.
Expecting around 34,000 participants, the show’s boardwalks and exhibition gangways were bustling with attendees, while the line-up of 125 magnificent superyachts sparkled in the September sunshine.
YachtCharterFleet was invited aboard two newly built sisterships from Overmarine’s Mangusta 165 line. The first, the 50m/164ft motor yacht ‘Black Legend’ (below-left), stands out thanks to her dramatic black hull and superstructure but unfortunately remains for private use only.
On the other hand, the 50m/164ft motor yacht ‘Da Vinci’ joined the charter fleet earlier this summer and boasts a fresh white paintjob to match the fresh, modern and stylish interior styling within. More details will be revealed soon in a full yacht review.
The team also checked out the 55m/181ft support vessel ‘New Frontiers’ (top-right) from Damen. Part of the Sea Axe 55M range, she is making her debut at the show, and boasts special features such as 190-square-foot helipad, ample water toy storage space and a cruising range of 5,000 nautical miles.
New Frontiers’ launch this year followed the delivery of another Damen build, the 69m/227ft support vessel ‘Game Changer’, which has also been turning heads in Port Hercules. It was recently revealed Game Changer is available for charter, thus opening up unprecedented cruising opportunities for private yachting vacations.
YachtCharterFleet also got a closer look at the brand new 60m/197ft sailing yacht SEVEN (above-left), the third in Perini Navi’s series of Blue Water Sailing Yachts. SEVEN is designed to reach peak performance and also be comfortable for bluewater cruising.
One of the most exciting launches of the year so far, the 64m/210ft motor yacht SEASENSE, was also caught on camera (above-right). A Benetti build, she features one of the largest swimming pools ever seen on board a motor yacht as well as a stunning exterior spaces for relaxation and entertaining.
Shipyards and yacht designers use the MYS as a platform to release their latest news and cutting-edge concepts. YachtCharterFleet found out more about German shipyard Kusch Yachts and its Project 2292, a superyacht set to measure 122 metres and offer a speed of 18 knots.
Amels and Damen unveiled the next model in their SeaXplorer range, the 56m SEAXPLORER, and YachtCharterFleet was on hand to find out more. The high-volume yacht will be able to offer real expedition capabilities, including 30 days of autonomous off-the-beaten-track cruising.
Wally Yachts and Nobiskrug also revealed a new 83 metre explorer yacht concept with interiors by Winch Design, and Icon Yachts announced a series of refit projects they will be undertaking following their successful conversion of the 77m/254ft expedition yacht LEGEND, which is on display at the event.
The show’s boardwalks were bustling with attendees, while the line-up of 125 magnificent superyachts sparkled in the September sunshine
As day three gets underway today, YachtCharterFleet will continue to report back on all the action and keep the MYS live photo stream regularly updated.
For more details on any charter yachts attending the MYS 2017, speak to your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, compare all superyachts attending the Monaco Yacht Show 2017.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed